Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their website. We set a time to talk over the phone. The recruiter did not call me and hasn't heard back since then. I tried to contact him, yet no response for weeks. This wasn't a fortune 100 list attitude. The hiring department should get better responsibility with professional manner.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

There was a group meet and great which was a way to observe how we communicated with others. We had an assessment to ensure. And then additional traditional styke interview.

SOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2017.

Interview

1. Skype interview + security assessment test
    2. Interview with director and hiring manager

Skype interview was fine but during face to face interview, level of difficulty is much higher definitely.

Response from hr throughout the process was fast but the process was quite slow.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long, extensive, thorough. I had 4 interviews and a written academic assessment test. First had a over the phone screening. Then I had a Skype interview. That was followed up with an in person interview and written academic assessment/IQ test of sorts. After that, there was a panel interview. Took quite some time

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when...", there was a lot of "What do you know about Ultimate Software" and they expected a detailed answer.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY HERE. Their recruiters don't respond after you pass or fail their interviews. Basically a waste of 5-10 hours, no results whatsoever, its like ghosting a fk boy on tinder.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at ultimate software   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

- Phone interview with recruiter: Pretty thorough, covering my job history and asking about my experiences there.
    - Online tech assessment: Sponsored by Hackerrank. There are practice problems you can do on your own ahead of time, but after you click the provided link you have 1 hour to take the official test.
    - Phone technical interview: Asked specifics about Angular 1.5, creating components, and general es6 stuff.
    - Was flown out or on-site interview: General chat about JS and different JS technologies. A couple of whiteboard coding segments. Asked to elaborate on the technical aspect of things from my Resume. Ended with a live coding segment, where two guys watched as I coded a solution in VSCode.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position via LinkedIn on November 2. I received an email on November 15 inviting me to an open house the next day. I attended the open house on November 16 where I learned more about Ultimate Software and the position itself. I had a short one on one interview to discuss my job history. The very next morning, November 17, I received an email moving me to the next step and completed the analytical assessment. I was very nervous about it but I must've did well because they called me on November 22 to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was on November 23 and I received very constructive criticism after we completed interviewing. Although, hard to swallow, it was very much needed and helped me tremendously. We also scheduled my Skype interview. Had my Skype interview on November 29 and it was very laid back but straight to the point. I felt really good about it. They called me the same day at the end of the business day and offered me the position and I GLADLY ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ultimate Software? Why do you want to work here? Why do you want this role? Where do you see yourself in the future? Tell me about a time a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

8 interviews. They really want to be sure they are hiring the right people. Once people get in here, they never want to leave. Process started over the phone with HR, then 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter, Stephen to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview and over the course of a couple weeks, I had two skype interviews, one panel interview over a conference call, and then an interview in person at the Atlanta office. From start to finish the process was flawless! They really got to know me and I got to know them, as well as what they were looking for. Be yourself and be able to provide specific real life examples of why you are perfect for the role.

Payment Services Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and went through a 30 minute phone screening where I was asked behavioral based interview questions. She passed me through to the next step which was to meet with a Senior Manager. The third step was to take an assessment test and the final step was to meet with a panel of managers. The panel consisted of four managers and took about 45 minutes. I received notice that same day that I got the job.