Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

One over the phone interview, and one face to face interview with 2 separate people. Process took a total of 6-8 weeks before offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiates a little

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Met at a career fair, was given a remote interview about general OOP. Later flew to HQ, had several more interviews in one day, some of which were informally technical.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter for an initial call. Call lasted 20mins and was told that he would review my resume with the hiring manager if interested will arrange a skype call. After one week reached out to find out status and was told that hiring manager has not provided feedback. After second week, reached out again and was told the same thing. After third week reached out again and have not heard back. Considering their mission is "People First" and Fortune top 100 company to work for, the least would be to inform via email if not interested. I guess People First does not include prospective employees. Learn from Google.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over 4 days and a written test. I originally thought the 3rd interview went well but they called back and said I was declined. It was unfortunate because the excuse was I was to talkative for the position. I think my mistake was that the managers began to talk casual and make jokes and I joined in. My best advice would be if this happens to you to just sit their and be quiet. The worst part was one manager even said congrats to me before leaving. I actually really thought I had the position. My best advice would not to be to comfortable during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If I could do one thing over again what would that be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a Talent Acquisition Specialist expressing interest in my profile for Customer Success Specialist position in Atlanta and was asked to schedule a phone interview. Immediately after receiving an email, I called her and there was no reply to my calls that day and the next day. As I have been very excited for this opportunity and have been following the company closely, to work in Ultimate Software has been on my top priority list. After 3 days, I receive an email from the Talent Specialist saying she was sorry she missed my calls as she is out of town and scheduled a phone interview for Tuesday [11/1/2016] at 1 pm and after much preparation and looking forward to the call, I have not received the call. I then call her back and leave a voicemail and an email asking if we're still good for an interview but there has been no reply. I am surprised at the unprofessional-ism and truly disappointed with the experience so far and its unfortunate as most people have had wonderful experiences with the Company.

Interview

Had a total of 5 interviews which included a face to face with a PM over dinner in my local area. The process took almost two months. The interview focused on skillset and cultural fit.

Overall professional experience. Everyone was nice and invited questions.

Interview Questions

• the interview was conversational and laid back. general consultant questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was above and beyond what I expected. I'm extremely pleased.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Visited their booth at a Career fair and after a quick knowledge test, I was invited to a dinner with them. I was contacted later for an initial phone screen followed by a coding screen later. At the end of the coding screen, I realized that they put me as an Intern candidate, which I was not. I was sent to a different recruiter and repeated the same processes again. They flew me out to the office in Florida and I did an on-site interview with 4 interviews, where one of them had 2 interviewers. The questions were not too difficult but really tested your object oriented programming knowledge. Overall experience interviewing with this company was very nice and everyone I met was kind.

Interview Questions

• Very OOP oriented. Really know and understand the skills that you have put on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

I got below email from the Recruiter asking for my availability:

"Thanks for sending your resume along and expressing interest in our position! Your skill-set is very intriguing, and I'd like to discuss the role further with you. Is there a time on Thursday 2/2 when you'd be available for a phone call?"

I responded back right away with my availability.

Then I did not receive any email for almost 2 weeks. All of a sudden I get this:

"Just following up to the email I sent a few days ago below, are you still looking for new opportunities?"

This checks out with the experience of the others posted here on glassdoor where recruiters don't respond and that proved out with me as well, but for me there was a bonus, there was no interview at all. Please don't attend interviews with this company unless you don't have an alternate option, no transparency, no care for the candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR person, heard back really quickly and got an in person interview with the manager of the department + my team lead. Met the people on the team. Had a missed call by the time I woke up from an afternoon nap from the guy who interviewed me, voicemail offering me the job. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to unwind from a stressful day at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Just ask, they're flexible and managers will do what they can within reason.

Workplace Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (North Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

I went through four interviews with various managers and a side by side with another consultant. The interviews were a combination of on site and over the phone. The consultant was more of a breakdown of the job to make sure it was something I really wanted to do. It took them a pretty long time to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty basic. They asked for examples of times i failed at something, succeeded at something, etc. They didn't have anything you wouldn't see at any other interview.   Answer Question