Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was not a long and drawn out process. It was pretty breif and to the point! They ask for a breif explanation of your skillset, and experience. They pretty much want to see of you'll be a sufficient asset to the company. They went over the normal "Tell us about a time" questions. The interviewers were knowledgable about the company's background, expectations and the job description. They also want to be sure you've researched the company and the product that it provides to the clients. As long as you get to know the company, have the desired experience, and are confident in yourself the interview process should be a walk in the park. The interviewers are really professional and knowledgebased so I'm expect for you to bring that same energy to the table! Good luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've given or experienced exceptional custome service?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, they had a technical interview, basic Object Oriented Programming related questions, software testing interview, and a general questions interview.
    They also gave me a tour of their facility, which was alright.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions, what are the applications of object oriented principles   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

i applied online and was contacted for an initial Phone screen by Acquisition Manager, i was then contacted for another phone Panel interview by hiring manager, i was then invited to an onsite interview at the corporate office in Weston, Florida.

Interview Questions

• Summary of relevant skills and experience for the job.
      Technical skills that can be helpful to job   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Easy Interview experience, started off with a pre-interview online quiz that was really simple. Just tested basic java. The actual interviews that were conducted included one that wanted to know about good coding practices/OO structure, another that wanted to test programming skill, and another one which talked about some simple design questions. Overall an easy interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a singly linked list and only 1 pointer make a queue.   1 Answer

Rising Stars Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in August 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process - I heard back the next morning for most parts of the process, never more than two days later.

Initial phone screening, critical thinking assessment, in person interview, second in person interview (panel).

Definitely do your research on the company and be well prepared for questions that require self-reflection. Know yourself well, know what kind of environment works for you, how you react to stress/pressure, and give honest answers. They want to be sure you will be a good fit for the culture, so putting up a façade is just going to do yourself a disservice!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship for a software development role. There was a series of tests testing Object Oriented Programming concepts as well as an algorithm question. The work was done mostly on a whiteboard with a marker.

Rapid Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

4 steps. Phone screen interview, Skype interview with Rising Star manager, Skills assessment, Skype panel interview with 2 customer service managers. I had to take time off my current job just to do the Skype interviews at different times most convenient to them. I could have lost my current job but they made me feel like I had the job, so I thought it was worth it. The last interview went extremely well. The manager spoke about what schedule I'd have, how I would train, etc. He truly made me feel like I had the job. Then they call me the next day to tell me I didn't get it. It doesn't make any sense at all as I have over 10 years customer service experience and recently graduated college with honors. I even know someone in a manager role working there. Something is wrong with this situation.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

First a phone call, very casual and not too formal. Then, they send you a link to take an online quiz that has 2 programming questions and the rest multiple-choice. For the programming questions you must probably will get a sorting related question. Then, the in-person interview that last 3 - 4 hours with 4 different people. First interview about design patterns and OOP, second about testing (this is the easiest). Then, algorithm design and efficiency. Finally, they give you a tour and ask you HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a list of records.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

1- Phone screening by recruiter. 2- Online test. 3- Phone interview with manager. 4- Onsite interview with several team members and then with manager. Thorough questions but very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Outstanding company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects at the same time? What hobbies and interests help you maintain a good work-home life balance?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Miramar, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I have given this company 4 chances and realized is not worth it. Unprofessional, was hired and not called back, then stopped my interview because I work with a company that uses ultimate software for payroll, wasting my time and day during the interview, been told I would receive a call back and then called me back using another name. Ultimate software is a mess. Their talent acquisition dept to me is inadequate, and what was one of my top companies to work for is leaving very less to desire. Their competition has it more together, after four interviews for four different positions with them they proved to me they are a messy process, I realized that you can't get your hopes up. Friends with a sr director at the company and he even mentioned to me, this company is growing so rapidly it's going downhill. Was emailed for phone interviews, in person, taking their test, taking our for lunch by the team for four different positions. Was called by the wrong name, just overall a waste of time for me.