Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY HERE. Their recruiters don't respond after you pass or fail their interviews. Basically a waste of 5-10 hours, no results whatsoever, its like ghosting a fk boy on tinder.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at ultimate software   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2015.

Interview

Initial discussion on the job roles and responsibilities from the HR Panel, followed by a PSR test link (Though they say it is one time link, the same linked worked fine after 8 - 9 months or so. I was able to resubmit the same PSR Test). There were 5 questions related to Performance testing approach / Planning / personal ability to adopt to changes. Ideal time given is 45 minutes. Can go upto 60 minutes to answer the questions. Once the PSR test was submitted, didn't hear from the team for several days. After a series of follow-ups on Phone and Email, finally got a response that it was through. Another technical discussion was set-up (telephonic). The conversation was completely on the job roles and responsibilities. Once this discussion was completed, I got a feedback that my interview was through and they wanted to invite me for a personal discussion on certain conditions (in terms of Salary negotiations). As I was not ready for those negotiations, It was considered as rejected.
    Have sent several emails after that to check if the position is still open and whether I can be considered for the open position. Didn't get any response beyond this point. ( felt little strange for a company, who claims people first). The HR guy even blocked my mobile number ( I tried reaching him on his desk phone several times and every time it goes to voice mail).never expected from an organization that is a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• Very generic performance testing concepts and roles and responsibilities   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Was first given a HackerRank challenge (some multiple choice and some simple coding problems), then asked to do a remote interview with 4 rounds--1 behavioral, 3 technical. The technical rounds included questions on OOP concepts, software testing, and some more simple coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about basic OOP concepts and their applications.   Answer Question

Rising Star Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a 1:1 interview then proceeded to a panel interview and final step is a assessment. I attended an open house event for the Rising Star Program with Ultimate Software.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Rising Start Program?   1 Answer

Rapid Response Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

There are several interviews, you speak with a recruiter who green lights you to your first interview. If you pass that interview, you interview with managers, then team leads. In between interviews, you may possibly have to complete written and/or timed assessments.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to choose between doing the right thing and doing the easy thing?   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

A number phone screens and then fly out for a series of on-site interviews. Senior technical staff quizzed me on their areas of speciality. Once on-site, each interviewer quizzed me on various aspected of information system design, performance tuning, and problem resolution.

Interview Questions

• End-users report a performance problem in the application, but the CPU load on the database server is not heavy; what could be the cause?   Answer Question
    • What are the various reasons why indexes on columns is important?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Referral or phone interview. Onsite basic coding test and then a test regarding "testing a code" and error handling. Lunch nearby with a chat with the principal recruiter. Afterward chat with a hiring manager I presume who does their own special tests based on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Look at this code and tell me what it does?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Had to take an online coding test. It wasn't too difficult, but I did not have enough time for one of the six problems. Two of the questions were coding. The other four were simple multiple choice questions about data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Sort the elements of an unsorted array in descending order   Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

- Phone interview with recruiter: Pretty thorough, covering my job history and asking about my experiences there.
    - Online tech assessment: Sponsored by Hackerrank. There are practice problems you can do on your own ahead of time, but after you click the provided link you have 1 hour to take the official test.
    - Phone technical interview: Asked specifics about Angular 1.5, creating components, and general es6 stuff.
    - Was flown out or on-site interview: General chat about JS and different JS technologies. A couple of whiteboard coding segments. Asked to elaborate on the technical aspect of things from my Resume. Ended with a live coding segment, where two guys watched as I coded a solution in VSCode.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via linked in and was contacted by a recruiting within 3 business days. I had a phone conversation with a very friendly and passionate recruiter who explained the responsibilities and gave me some insight on the Executive and department. The recruiter stated she would schedule a phone interview with the EA who is overseeing the process and asked for my availability. Within less than a week I had a call with the Executive assistant who was very friendly and passionate about Ultimate and very transparent. A couple of weeks later a live interview was schedule where I met a couple of executives including one of the VPs I would be supporting. The
    Interview was the most comfortable and open process I've ever experienced. The Executive and support staff seemed to work together seemlessly and were very welcoming. Best interview process ever!

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience related to the job reaponsibilities.   Answer Question