Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

1- Phone screening by recruiter. 2- Online test. 3- Phone interview with manager. 4- Onsite interview with several team members and then with manager. Thorough questions but very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Outstanding company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects at the same time? What hobbies and interests help you maintain a good work-home life balance?   Answer Question

Rising Stars Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in August 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process - I heard back the next morning for most parts of the process, never more than two days later.

Initial phone screening, critical thinking assessment, in person interview, second in person interview (panel).

Definitely do your research on the company and be well prepared for questions that require self-reflection. Know yourself well, know what kind of environment works for you, how you react to stress/pressure, and give honest answers. They want to be sure you will be a good fit for the culture, so putting up a façade is just going to do yourself a disservice!

Rapid Response Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Asked about my job skills and why I was interested in a long term PT position. Seemed highly interested in my skills talked a lot about the incentives the company offers and what I would be getting. Sent an online assessment and then never speak to you again x 2, and I know I aced the assessment because I'm good at math so not sure what their issue is, try ADP I guess!

Marketing Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Really connected with the team. However, unless you know someone in this organization/were refereed by an employee or you have an in-demand skill, you don't have a shot at getting the job. In addition, HR was not very communicative once they had moved on with another candidate. Overall, left a bad impression of what is supposed to be a world-class organization.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

First a phone call, very casual and not too formal. Then, they send you a link to take an online quiz that has 2 programming questions and the rest multiple-choice. For the programming questions you must probably will get a sorting related question. Then, the in-person interview that last 3 - 4 hours with 4 different people. First interview about design patterns and OOP, second about testing (this is the easiest). Then, algorithm design and efficiency. Finally, they give you a tour and ask you HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a list of records.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was extensive, but necessary. They were trying to see if I would be a good fit for the entire team and it gave me a chance to get to know everyone and determine if I felt it was the right choice as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

shady company. position changing as i was interviewing, recruiter refused to tell me which position i was applying for. poster child for corporate waste. the talk about people first seems like a tired corporate slogan with little substance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions which weren't related to the job description or my skillset.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

It was a basic digital interview where I was given some problems to solve using java code. Not very difficult or time consuming but hit on key areas of java that most coders should know.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing presented was how to manipulate an array to produce a specific, given result.   Answer Question

Rising Stars Payment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Went to an Open House interview for Payment Services Specialist, there were two days that they held this open house and I went on the 2nd day. Had a panel of 2 interview me, then was instructed to wait for next steps. Then had a 2nd in person interview 1:1, after that I was given details about an assessment that I needed to take online for 45 minutes at home to be completed before the end of the day. Had a follow up call the Monday after the open house with more information regarding the position and was asked a few more questions. Received an offer a month later. The waiting time might seem like a long time but it will be worth it when you find out!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Feedback, timeliness, and the people were great up until the final interview. After hearing that the in-person interviews went very well and all had positive comments...crickets. I cannot get the recruiter to respond to emails or phone calls when prior we had been moving at a fast pace and I was told I could expect an offer/decision by last week. I am completely fine with it if the hiring manager decides to move in a different direction, puts the position on hold, or is looking into other candidates, but I would expect to be updated and not left hanging. Going into the in-person interview, Ultimate was my top choice amongst other companies I was interviewing at, but the severe drop in communication has me rethinking my earlier sentiments. Maybe one day I will find out what happened or get closure, but it does not look it will be any time soon.

Interview Questions

• How would you go through the process of launching a new product?   Answer Question