Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Senior Devops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in March 2017.

Interview

I scheduled 2 phone screens with Kevin Male from Talent Acquisition and got stood up twice. We would agree to do a phone screen a day before but somehow I end up sitting around waiting for his call. It's been 6 weeks since initial contact and now they want to schedule a 3rd call? lol.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and I get an email to confirm time and date for telephone interview. The interviewer called on time and was very short with direct basic questions.

I am very surprised that for a company with such great ratings, their HR/Recruiters truly lack people skills with common courtesy. They do not respond at all to calls, emails, and for that reason I give them a no star and bad service review. For us seeking opportunities, the hiring process is so slow and frustrating, its good to know when a position has been closed, or they are moving on without us so we know where we stand.

Interview Questions

• Your Skill set, your background, your overall experience, Why do you want to work here... just basic questions   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

One phone call and one in person interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back and to the point. They tested my knowledge on remote troubleshooting several different issues and asked about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you receive an alert for a server that is running low on virtual memory?   1 Answer

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a Talent Acquisition Specialist expressing interest in my profile for Customer Success Specialist position in Atlanta and was asked to schedule a phone interview. Immediately after receiving an email, I called her and there was no reply to my calls that day and the next day. As I have been very excited for this opportunity and have been following the company closely, to work in Ultimate Software has been on my top priority list. After 3 days, I receive an email from the Talent Specialist saying she was sorry she missed my calls as she is out of town and scheduled a phone interview for Tuesday [11/1/2016] at 1 pm and after much preparation and looking forward to the call, I have not received the call. I then call her back and leave a voicemail and an email asking if we're still good for an interview but there has been no reply. I am surprised at the unprofessional-ism and truly disappointed with the experience so far and its unfortunate as most people have had wonderful experiences with the Company.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted around a week later for the first interview. The total interview process took around 3-4 weeks. Everyone I talked to was prompt, super nice, and very professional which made the interview process a pleasure compared to other companies I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The questions covered a wide range of business, technical, and customer service items.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

hackerrank, than onsite interviews at UCSD. 4 interviews onsite nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were held at ucsd biomed library. It was a chill experience, and i heard back quickly

Interview Questions

• Standard cracking the coding the interview type quesitons   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

- Phone interview with recruiter: Pretty thorough, covering my job history and asking about my experiences there.
    - Online tech assessment: Sponsored by Hackerrank. There are practice problems you can do on your own ahead of time, but after you click the provided link you have 1 hour to take the official test.
    - Phone technical interview: Asked specifics about Angular 1.5, creating components, and general es6 stuff.
    - Was flown out or on-site interview: General chat about JS and different JS technologies. A couple of whiteboard coding segments. Asked to elaborate on the technical aspect of things from my Resume. Ended with a live coding segment, where two guys watched as I coded a solution in VSCode.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee of US who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and recruiter. I was then asked to apply for the position online. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then forwarded me to two separate phone interviews with the managers over the Learning Solutions Team. I was asked to submit previous samples of my writing to gauge ability as well as extensive questions related to my background in desktop publishing and web content development/project management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet extremely tight deadlines with minimal content information to complete your project. Where and how did you go about researching further content on your own and what was the outcome? How do you manage your time in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Quarter End Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. The asked me the basic questions that anyone should be able to answer. (What are your skills, former job experience, why you're a good fit for the position etc.) I was offered the position the same day as the interview. So far the job has been wonderful and my co workers are really great people. So is my supervisor. I can defiantly tell why this is the #1 company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our company.   1 Answer

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

A number phone screens and then fly out for a series of on-site interviews. Senior technical staff quizzed me on their areas of speciality. Once on-site, each interviewer quizzed me on various aspected of information system design, performance tuning, and problem resolution.

Interview Questions

• End-users report a performance problem in the application, but the CPU load on the database server is not heavy; what could be the cause?   Answer Question
    • What are the various reasons why indexes on columns is important?   Answer Question