Ultimate Software Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY HERE. Their recruiters don't respond after you pass or fail their interviews. Basically a waste of 5-10 hours, no results whatsoever, its like ghosting a fk boy on tinder.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at ultimate software   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

I got below email from the Recruiter asking for my availability:

"Thanks for sending your resume along and expressing interest in our position! Your skill-set is very intriguing, and I'd like to discuss the role further with you. Is there a time on Thursday 2/2 when you'd be available for a phone call?"

I responded back right away with my availability.

Then I did not receive any email for almost 2 weeks. All of a sudden I get this:

"Just following up to the email I sent a few days ago below, are you still looking for new opportunities?"

This checks out with the experience of the others posted here on glassdoor where recruiters don't respond and that proved out with me as well, but for me there was a bonus, there was no interview at all. Please don't attend interviews with this company unless you don't have an alternate option, no transparency, no care for the candidates.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Submitted resume and spoke with recruiter by phone. Seemed like a good culture and company but was a bit put off by the requirement to take an online test at hacker rank before I even spoke with development team. Hacker rank is a horrible site, not to mention a bad way to find quality engineers for full time positions.

Also recruiter stated that most people are brought in a level below what they would be at other places because the talent was so high there and they were looking for "rockstars". That seemed a bit arrogant. I declined to proceed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process consist of 3 separate interviews. The first interview is a phone interview with a manager. It was an overview of my experience and some simple .NET questions. The second interview was an in person interview that consisted of two separate tests. The first test was a C# test. The interviewer sat me in front of a laptop running visual studio and asked me to solve an issue with a small console app he had written. The second test was a whiteboard session with a lead developer. He asked me several questions about SQL. The final part of the interview was a walk through of the facility (very impressive I may add) and a history of the company.

Interview Questions

• I won't put anything too specific but the expectations are high...you must know C# and SQL in and out   Answer Question