Ultimate Software Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2016

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to the career fair and was called for an on-site interview the next day. The interview was coding problems on whiteboard. It was half an hour. Did not seem that bad but it was conceptual questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth. It was a set of 4 onsite interviews in a day after having done an online coding test. I got to the place and met my recruiter. We talked about my resume and things in there as well as expected compensation and a short problem solving question for 45 mins.

The rest of the interviews were more technical, but nothing out of the ordinary. Two interviews were whiteboarding. For the last interview I was given a computer and was asked to do some coding.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the software/algorithm for a pair of elevators in a new building?   Answer Question
    • Implement a recursive palindrome checker.   1 Answer
    • Given a function signature for a social security number checker, come up with test cases to make sure it works as specified.   Answer Question
    • How would you scale a given server cluster architecture?   Answer Question
    • Implement a world population counter in Java or C#.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

1.) Brief introductory phone call with recruiter (nothing technical, just to say hey)
    2.) online coding test in an OOP language solving simple puzzles
    3.) onsite with 3 separate interviews
    -live coding
    -resume overview, OOP knowledge, software design
    -software testing questions

Interview Questions

• Without changing this code (only writing new code), make the program print its entries in sorted order.
      What is the O(n) of your solution? Can you improve it? Would this program be better for X scenario or Y scenario?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Phone interview, then went to an on site interview in Florida. The interview had behavioral questions and technical questions.They took me out to lunch and showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you find local mins/maxes in a graph (coding way)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL).

Interview

- Background and experience screening with HR
    - 2 technical interviews by phone and online coding tests
    - On-site 5 round interview with several teams and various number of people. These varied from being very technical whiteboard type interviews, to more verbal and experience oriented interviews.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of object oriented programming questions.
      - A lot of full stack domain knowledge questions (REST, APIs, JSON, html, css, javascript, frameworks, etc)
      - Problem solving questions such as ordering algorithms and sorting algorithms, and time complexity questions.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a set of of interview both phone and then on site, since it was a referral the process didn't take too long. The one on the phone wasn't too long and a bit cold. On site everyone is really friendly, since the offer was not negotiable I didn't end up taking it.

Interview Questions

• Different types of questions, and some even were scenarios to see how you could come up with solutions quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter on the phone for about 1/2 hour before setting up and on-site. The on-site interview consisted of a skill test and 3 group interviews. Not a bad way to get to meet a lot of potential co-workers but it also didn't allow much of a chance to get to know anyone or styles.

After that day I had to wait a little long for the results.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was especially harder but I had a group interview with 6 people at once.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got call from HR explaining what company does, what the profile is etc...
    Then she asked me about me, the technical skill summary based on experience and few challenges I faced in my career. She then invited me for an online technical test.

I submitted the test and was pretty sure I ACEd it. Then I got a mail after few days that I didn't clear it and they are moving ahead with other candidates.

After few days, I got call from HR apologising for wrong email as she got confused with other candidate. She said I got 100% in the test and she wants me to come for in-person interview.

Until today no response from the HR about the interview even after my status request mails.

Either the process followed is really bad or they got confused again with other candidate name ;)

Either way, they lost a good candidate :)
    I got better offers from very good companies.

Suggestion to HR: Improve your process or you are going to miss good candidates

Interview Questions

• Given array list within array list, asked to create Custom iterator to print all the children of this multiple array list in their order.

Iterator next should automatically point to start of next array list within the parent array list to print the results.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

They provide you a link to Hackerank test which consisted of 12 questions.
    10 questions were multiple choice on javascript. The last 2 were programming questions that could be solved in any programming language.