Ultra Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ultra Electronics

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Three interviews: 1. HR interview - basic questions to make sure you are a fit, I guess. Length: 15 minutes? 2. Technical phone interview - talked to an engineer who asked some basic programming questions mostly focused on C++. Length: About 45 minutes. 3. Onsite interview - two one hour sessions with two interviewers. Questions were kind of random. I was asked about past experience, I was given some more technical questions, and some behavioral questions.

Overall, the process was smooth and not very intimidating. Everybody I talked to were very nice and intelligent. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a fundamental concept in object-oriented programming.   1 Answer

Sep 26, 2016 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for joining Ultra ATS and best wishes for your future career.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview covering basic OOP design and details. Onsite interview with some behavioral questions and a few programming concepts. Then some idle talk with the different interviewers about overall topics about CS.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who wasn't preforming.   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2017 – Copywriter

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. We value your feedback and comments and hope you enjoy working in the Ultra Electronics group.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Barely any actually testing to see if I'm qualified

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We will offer you $40k a year because we know you live with your parents and need to pay off students loans. "hey at least you are in your field".

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

The whole process starts off with an HR representative calling you for an initial screen and an intial technical pre-screen. They describe what they do, what they are looking for for the position, then ask you your experiences, and then proceed to about 10 technical questions. Keep in mind this is an
    hr guy asking you programming questions from a sheet of paper.

IF you get past the initial HR phase, then you come in for about 2-3 hours to have panel/group interviews. Usually each panel is a junior engineer, and a senior engineer or project manager. They will ask you more programming questions. They do want to see more how you handle yourself under pressure, rather than getting all answers right.

I would have to say that most people who got hired were either programming geniuses, had a long time friend there, or had some political connections in the industry. So if you don't get hired, don't take it personally. I personally had a long time friend there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up. They were surprisingly one of the few places that are flexible with salary negotiations. If you get hired, you shouldn't be disappointed. One of the few perks of working here is the salary and benefits packages.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Morgantown, WV) in February 2011.

Interview

HR sent packet in the mail

To many negative reviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

Received phone call from job application site and was brought it for the job interview. Typically this includes someone from management and the heads of possible departments that the candidate would be able to fit into. A verbal battery of questions will be asked of the candidate and a close door meeting will be head after they leave to see if they qualify knowledge-wise and if they can be placed into a department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call, state what you are looking for, and the company will decide what they can give you.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I got referred by my professor for the position and I got the interview. It was delayed almost a full week because they had meetings and golf tournaments. Interview was simple and the guys who interviewed me were very nice and genuine guys. Got the job pretty seamlessly. Surprise background check and drug test a day later and the HR rep that needed to set up the appointments left for vacation when I had to go way out of my way to fax her the info.

Interview Questions

Ultra Electronics Response

Oct 3, 2016 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. Which business have you joined?

We wish you every success with your career at Ultra Electronics.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Interview

Very little questions asked. You run the interview. She does like to give a tour and seems to know what she is talking about. But find out after hire not so.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very informal. There are some standard technical questions but it will depend upon who does the interview. Getting a connection with those conducting the interview is the most important.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Rockville, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Good process but they did more selling to me than me to them. I had a bad feeling going into the interview and I should have listened to that little voice in my head. Worst career move I ever made to go there and hire on to the company.