Ultra Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultra Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics in October 2016.

Interview

Started with an in-depth review of the position and requirements by phone. Interview in person at the job site. Was offered the job the next day. Requested 3 business days to weigh options. Upon returning to accept the job, manager informed me that it had been offered to another candidate. Very unprofessional.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I got referred by my professor for the position and I got the interview. It was delayed almost a full week because they had meetings and golf tournaments. Interview was simple and the guys who interviewed me were very nice and genuine guys. Got the job pretty seamlessly. Surprise background check and drug test a day later and the HR rep that needed to set up the appointments left for vacation when I had to go way out of my way to fax her the info.

Interview Questions

Ultra Electronics Response

Oct 3, 2016 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. Which business have you joined? We wish you every success with your career at Ultra Electronics.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics.

Interview

It was grueling but necessary. There were others that applied but i was in the right place at the right time. There were 7 people that I interviewed with.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

Received phone call from job application site and was brought it for the job interview. Typically this includes someone from management and the heads of possible departments that the candidate would be able to fit into. A verbal battery of questions will be asked of the candidate and a close door meeting will be head after they leave to see if they qualify knowledge-wise and if they can be placed into a department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call, state what you are looking for, and the company will decide what they can give you.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very informal. There are some standard technical questions but it will depend upon who does the interview. Getting a connection with those conducting the interview is the most important.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Barely any actually testing to see if I'm qualified

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We will offer you $40k a year because we know you live with your parents and need to pay off students loans. "hey at least you are in your field".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy, asked several question about the job, and many cultural questions. People that interviewed seemed unqualified to do the interviewing. There was no questioning of past work history. They did offer water during the interview which was nice, but found the location of the office to be awful.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview covering basic OOP design and details. Onsite interview with some behavioral questions and a few programming concepts. Then some idle talk with the different interviewers about overall topics about CS.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who wasn't preforming.   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2017 – Copywriter

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. We value your feedback and comments and hope you enjoy working in the Ultra Electronics group.

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX).

Interview

A friend referred me to the company. I applied online via a standard application. I received a call from the recruiter about a week or so later for a phone interview. She asked me questions about my experience, background, and comfort level with taking the necessary steps for a security clearance.

A day or two later the recruiter called me to schedule an interview with a couple of the other writers and two people from other departments. The writers were very friendly and laid back. They didn't ask any difficult questions. They just wanted to make sure I could do the job.

A couple of days later the recruiter called to inform me I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. There were some behavioral questions that I had to think about for a few seconds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered was lower then what I wanted, but the recruiter would not negotiate. They informed me that potential bonuses would make up the difference.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultra Electronics (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Three interviews: 1. HR interview - basic questions to make sure you are a fit, I guess. Length: 15 minutes? 2. Technical phone interview - talked to an engineer who asked some basic programming questions mostly focused on C++. Length: About 45 minutes. 3. Onsite interview - two one hour sessions with two interviewers. Questions were kind of random. I was asked about past experience, I was given some more technical questions, and some behavioral questions.

Overall, the process was smooth and not very intimidating. Everybody I talked to were very nice and intelligent. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a fundamental concept in object-oriented programming.   1 Answer

Sep 26, 2016 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for joining Ultra ATS and best wishes for your future career.