Umpqua Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Interview

I participated in the phone interview with Umpqua's HR rep. The interview was completely about myself, and had very little to do with the position. During the interview, it was easy to determine that I was either over qualified for the position, or the interviewer had little understanding about the position that was vacant.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were personal. Ex: "Tell me about yourself".... "Walk me through your resume". The most relevant question that I remember is "Why did you apply for this position?". This was probably the easiest interview that I have ever experienced, almost to the point of being a waste of the HR's time, and my own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Received 2 phone calls asking for general information. 1 in-person interview with the team. The group interview was intimidating but mainly asked questions to see general interest in the industry and to determine fit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you provided leadership
      Give an example of an obstacle that you had to overcome
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Mortgage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

They make you get interviewed by 3 people before you can be hired. Often times they ask you the same basic questions.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. It took about 4 months from when I applied online to when i was hired. I interviewed 4 times with different levels of management. The interview process is very 'are you a good fit' for the company type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions.   1 Answer

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call for an interview two weeks later and was offered a position a week after. Very behavioral and not much technical besides explaining what you know about financial statements

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a great interview with the manager and lead teller at union in seattle.it was early in the morning and the associate working there made me comfortable and offered tea and seat.
    They were very courteous as well.the manager also seemed very nice and helpful.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank.

Interview

The interview was rather basic in nature. Simply an overview of my credentials and relevant work experience. The interview I received was "last minute", so the manager and her assistant who performed the interview didn't have any difficult questions.

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

My recruiter found this job and the manager did a quick phone interview. She opened up with personality multiple choice questions and followed up by situation questions. The interview wasn't easy as I didn't prepare any answers for these typical questions.

Assistant Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Tacoma, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is long in which they require interviews with four associates. The first level was with the recruiter and after a few weeks, I was asked to come in and interview with the manager and an associate. After that, it was about a month before I heard back and was asked to come into for a final interview. After a week, I was given an offer.The interviews were typical in which they ask for experience and background. They explain the Umpqua culture and ask if it's something I would fit into. I'm then given an opportunity to ask questions.

The process was pleasant with everyone extremely friendly. They were very upfront about the culture, wanting to be sure I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Experience and ability to use Moodys.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay and wish I had negotiated vacation as well. The process was pleasant but did take a little bit of time to get back to me. The first day they extended the offer and asked how much I would like to make, what would make me thrilled, happy, or turn down the job. So I gave them my range and they came very close to the thrilled amount.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They have a minimum of four people that must give you the green light. Recruiter and hiring manager are two. Then is open to discussion. They can do one panel interview or four separate interviews n