Umpqua Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.8

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Vancouver, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was blown away by the professionalism, professionalism, and "out-of-their-way" efforts to make me feel welcome and at ease during the interview process, which was more like a conversation. From my initial contact to the offer process, I was communicated with on my status.

Interview Questions

• How do you establish trust with a manager/director/vice president/executive?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank.

Interview

The interview was rather basic in nature. Simply an overview of my credentials and relevant work experience. The interview I received was "last minute", so the manager and her assistant who performed the interview didn't have any difficult questions.

Financial Investigation Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR).

Interview

Horrible. The interview questions are read from, what looks like, examples of what to ask during an interview. They are not well thought of, they have nothing to do with your past work experience, and are not original. Do they even look at our resumes?

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in asking for forgiveness rather than permission, or are you inclined to be sure your manager's are in full agreement before you act? Tell me about a time you did one or the other   1 Answer

Universal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcata, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Arcata, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A total of 4 interviews. You meet with 4 managers, and in one interview you get to interview someone in the position you're applying for. The question vary from easy light hearted, to ones that make you think. The process of interviewing was long but worth the work and wait.

Interview Questions

• Are you a dog or cat person?
      Why umpqua bank?
      Explain a time when you've worked with a difficult customer, and how you handled it.
      What do you want from a manager?   Answer Question

Universal Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank.

Interview

Applied online with Umpqua to several locations in Northern California.
    Started getting calls back, spoke to the branch manager and set up an interview. However upon on the start of the interview the manager informed me the position had been changed from full time to part time, but stated that was a part time position, however that wasn't mentioned in the inital call to set up the interview. I declined. Got a call for a 2nd and thrid interview, for a different store, same story once i got into the interview the manager mentioned that while they advertised for a UA3 they were actually looking for a UA 1 or 2.

To say the least time the 4th store called me I was throughly fed up with the constant changing of positions, and I told them that I was highly disappointed in the professionalism of the company and declined any further.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They have a minimum of four people that must give you the green light. Recruiter and hiring manager are two. Then is open to discussion. They can do one panel interview or four separate interviews n

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

My recruiter found this job and the manager did a quick phone interview. She opened up with personality multiple choice questions and followed up by situation questions. The interview wasn't easy as I didn't prepare any answers for these typical questions.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Talked to multiple managers in the group after the phone screen. Spoke to several members of the management team and some associates. Everyone was very nice and asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve on current processes and procedures in audit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good, pretty quick.

Construction Dispersal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Tigard, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Department manager called me and I scheduled the interview a few days out. Panel interview, three supervisor level and one would be peer. Interview was casual, and by the end very conversational.

Universal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tillamook, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Tillamook, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called for my first interview a couple weeks after I submitted my application and resume. They were excellent about telling me what they were looking for as an addition to their work environment and employee and I felt like the questions were directed towards getting to know me and my ideals of service. My second interview was similar from another team member. If I would not have been offered a job I would still have thought this a great interview. No one person overpowered the conversation.

Interview Questions

• they asked what service meant to me.   1 Answer