Umpqua Bank Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Financial Investigation Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR).

Interview

Horrible. The interview questions are read from, what looks like, examples of what to ask during an interview. They are not well thought of, they have nothing to do with your past work experience, and are not original. Do they even look at our resumes?

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in asking for forgiveness rather than permission, or are you inclined to be sure your manager's are in full agreement before you act? Tell me about a time you did one or the other   1 Answer

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

My recruiter found this job and the manager did a quick phone interview. She opened up with personality multiple choice questions and followed up by situation questions. The interview wasn't easy as I didn't prepare any answers for these typical questions.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Talked to multiple managers in the group after the phone screen. Spoke to several members of the management team and some associates. Everyone was very nice and asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve on current processes and procedures in audit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good, pretty quick.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed first with manager, who then called in other Associates one at a time - the whole thing took an hour and 45 minutes! There was some repeat questioning doing it that way, but it was kind of nice to get to talk to people individually, to get more of a sense of how they would be to work with. It took forever to get to the second interview, with the area manager. That interview took about 45 minutes and was quite pleasant. No really difficult questions in either interview, mostly standard behavioral questions and open-ended "tell us about your resume." They mostly want to know what kind of person you are - they can teach banking, but they need to know your personality is going to be a good fit for the branch and the culture overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... You had to make a decision on your own on an important matter, and how you dealt with that... You had to deal with a difficult customer... you had a goal you wanted to reach, and how you achieved it.... Also: How do you deal with mistakes? What are three words your (former) coworkers would use to describe you at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

For the UA position there is a four part process. Phone interview, manager interview, staff interview, and background check via the phone.
    At some locations the whole staff will interview you at once.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Umpqua   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quick and set up an interview the following day. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and waited until he was ready. I was interviewed by three different people. They had a few sheets of paper stapled together on the table with interview questions to ask, which seemed unorganized and unprofessional. I was asked the same questions multiple times by the different interviewers, which was very repetitive. It seemed rushed and I had a feeling in the end that I didn't get the job. The manager said he would let me know either way the following week, and I was never notified. It would have been nice to know instead of waiting for a call that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty basic, seeing as they printed them beforehand, probably from an online source. Best/worst customer service experience, mistake you made and how you learned from it, name a time you went above and beyond what was expected, etc.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. It took about 4 months from when I applied online to when i was hired. I interviewed 4 times with different levels of management. The interview process is very 'are you a good fit' for the company type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Very unwelcoming would not welcome to anyone on earth, they asked ridiculas questions like do I do drugs, am I an Eagle Scout, Am I Mormon, Ect. Paid For nothing to get there, were very rude, called me an atheist, even though i'm a devout christan. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY MAD MAD MAD MAD!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Received 2 phone calls asking for general information. 1 in-person interview with the team. The group interview was intimidating but mainly asked questions to see general interest in the industry and to determine fit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you provided leadership
      Give an example of an obstacle that you had to overcome
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Private Bank Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Umpqua Bank (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

The job was posted and said that they wanted 10 years of wealth management experience. Then it turned out to be more of an entry level position. I guess they were looking for someone who had been internal or a brokers assistant...? not sure.