Uncle Julio's Hacienda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Interview

Walk in talk to the assistant general manager then he askes u about job history and from there they determine if the need u or not and they also talk about availability and if that position would be a good fit

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview on Friday, June 30th, 2017. with Shelley McMurray from HR. I was told it would be about a week after that I would hear anything due to the holiday. I sent a follow-up email asking where I stood at that point on Friday July 14th and she said that she wanted to do a phone interview at 11:00 AM. So here I am thinking a 2nd interview. Well she called and when I made her aware of this being a 2nd interview she was so confused and embarrassed. She said she didn't have anything from our 1st interview; no notes, nothing. At 4:50 PM I received an email from her saying that they were going with another candidate. Is this an example on how this company functions??? If so, that is pretty darn sad!!!!! This has got to be the worst interview I have ever had. What a poor example of a company and how they treat people and operate!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What are some accomplishments that you are proud of and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.

Interview

Phone screening with a recruiter, then a face-to-face interview with a regional manager. In person job screening following the regional interview. The overall process was fairly typical for a larger corporation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kildeer, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Kildeer, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my application to set up an interview for the next day. I showed up to the interview and the general manager basically told me they didn't need me because they had enough summer help already so don't hold my breath and wait by the phone. I got an email the next day saying my application was declined. I am very confused why they even called me in for an interview if they knew they didn't want to hire me.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call a day later and set up an interview for the next day. The day of the interview they had me sit in an uncrowded area of the restaurant and I was offered water. Then the first manager came out to talk to me. He asked me what I knew about the company. When I said I applied to be a busser he looked at me and said I wouldn't want to be a busser. I told him I'd be willing to be a busser, dishwasher, or server (because I like to actually work at work). He suggested that I could be a hostess and I said I'd be willing to do that too. I then had a second interview with a different manager who mainly focused on my past work experience. He really didn't like that I didn't have any past restaurant experience. At the end of the interview he told me they have other interviews to do and will call me within 24 hours if I'm hired.
    It was no surprise to me that I didn't get the job. I just don't understand why they brought me in for an interview in the first place if they didn't think my application was a good fit for the position.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Came into the restaurant. Sat down with the General manager and answered some questions. Not too difficult. I had two interviews in total. After you get accepted you have to come and do paperwork and attend an orientation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

First manager I spoke with was very courteous and positive. Set up a 2nd interview with the GM for 3 days later. When I showed up I was kept waiting for 20 mins. She finally called me over but didn't have my application and didn't know who I was. She was very uninterested and almost rude. These managers need better communication apparently.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know why I couldn't work Sunday nights.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I applied online and got called in for an interview less than a week later. I had two different interviews and got offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was so long. I took 1 test and talk to all the manegers there. All the manegers asked are nonsense. I dont know what alse to say about it.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Grapevine, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked in for the interview and the manager asked me some questions about me and my past work career. It went smoothly without any complications. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. I was able to ask her questions without feeling judged or nervous. And the staff was very welcoming as well.