Uncle Julio's Hacienda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call a day later and set up an interview for the next day. The day of the interview they had me sit in an uncrowded area of the restaurant and I was offered water. Then the first manager came out to talk to me. He asked me what I knew about the company. When I said I applied to be a busser he looked at me and said I wouldn't want to be a busser. I told him I'd be willing to be a busser, dishwasher, or server (because I like to actually work at work). He suggested that I could be a hostess and I said I'd be willing to do that too. I then had a second interview with a different manager who mainly focused on my past work experience. He really didn't like that I didn't have any past restaurant experience. At the end of the interview he told me they have other interviews to do and will call me within 24 hours if I'm hired.
    It was no surprise to me that I didn't get the job. I just don't understand why they brought me in for an interview in the first place if they didn't think my application was a good fit for the position.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Came into the restaurant. Sat down with the General manager and answered some questions. Not too difficult. I had two interviews in total. After you get accepted you have to come and do paperwork and attend an orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

First manager I spoke with was very courteous and positive. Set up a 2nd interview with the GM for 3 days later. When I showed up I was kept waiting for 20 mins. She finally called me over but didn't have my application and didn't know who I was. She was very uninterested and almost rude. These managers need better communication apparently.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know why I couldn't work Sunday nights.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I applied online and got called in for an interview less than a week later. I had two different interviews and got offered the job on the spot.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was so long. I took 1 test and talk to all the manegers there. All the manegers asked are nonsense. I dont know what alse to say about it.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Grapevine, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked in for the interview and the manager asked me some questions about me and my past work career. It went smoothly without any complications. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. I was able to ask her questions without feeling judged or nervous. And the staff was very welcoming as well.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

There isn't much to say about the interview process. It's more of an informal discussion with the general manager. I applied online then went in and talked to general manager and he asked me to describe myself and why I wanted to work at uncle julios. It's a one on one in person interview. The manager is looking to see your social skills and gain perspective on the type of person you are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work here? What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uncle Julio's Hacienda (Fairfax, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

there's a 2 step process. You interview with the manager on duty then they pass you off to the general manger and they make the final decision. They ask you your availability and your school schedule, if you're in school.

Busser Interview

Interview

I called multiple times asking to schedule an interview. They called back at the most random times. When I showed up for the time they scheduled the interview they told me I had to leave and come back tomorrow. They then called back to offer me the job I happily declined.

Interview Questions

They really know how to waste your time.

Server Interview

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a call asking to schedule myself an interview. I went in on Monday, had a good interview and was asked to follow up with a second one the next day. I came early, as suggested and the doors were locked. the manager i was supposed to meet with was not the one I interviewed with. She asked some vague questions about why I chose there and what I did in my spare time. At the end, she said she would notify me in 24 hours. I'm not sure how it went...