UncommonGoods Production Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UncommonGoods

1 Interview Review

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UncommonGoods (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process overall was a pretty long and disorganized ordeal. After a lot of phone tag, a really strange phone interview, and an excellent phone interview, I was called in for a face to face. The individual who I would have potentially worked under happened to be sick the day I was asked to come in. That was completely understandable, people get sick. However, the process that followed was completely disorienting, and a little painful at times. I interviewed with several people; (starting a little over an hour past the time someone was supposed to meet me - however, I got cool peek look into the warehousing operation, and spoke to some really nice people in that part of the business, so that was cool) every one of them seemed like they didn't realize they would be conducting an interview until seconds before they entered the room. Two of the more memorable individuals I had really nice conversations with. Two other individuals were painfully unprepared, and too inexperienced to conduct an interview.

Full disclosure - I likely didn't have enough direct experience to perform the job I was interviewing for at this time (which I say with 20/20 hindsight - I've grown an immense amount in a related field since this interview). However, it's a shame that the company seems so scattered. I'm sure that makes the work environment nice in some ways. I also image it immensely hinders potential growth, and could create internal tension.

The only thing I was a little bummed about in the end, was not meeting the person I was interviewing to work under. I really admired this individual's passion for ethical and interesting workplaces, an well as mindful sourcing and production practices - in all facets of product development and production. I knew this job was a long shot, but after a very long and interesting phone interview, I was really looking forward to the opportunity to discuss these topics with this person.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer who came to speak with me was the head of planning. I have some planning experience, so it made enough sense. He asked me about some of the work I had done in my current position.   1 Answer