UncommonGoods Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

UncommonGoods Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at UncommonGoods

4.0

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UncommonGoods.

Interview

The person who reached out to recruit me was a pretty nice guy and sounded really enthusiastic about the job. They required me to tell them my current salary/salary requirement upfront before getting the interview, which seems premature. The interview process was a full day and they could end it at any point during the day, which again feels weirdly cutthroat. This isn't Google! Most people were very nice up until I met with the CEO and CFO. Both were weird characters and I found them cold and unapproachable -- not people I'd see myself working with. The CEO basically made fun of my salary requirement (which is what my peers with same education and experience were earning in similar jobs) and implied that I was greedy. I also saw him write that I was immature on his notes; maybe he should save that for when I'm out of the room?

Overall worst interview I have had. The location is kind of weird too and feels like a prison :-(

Interview Questions

• They took me through their facilities and asked how I would improve their picking process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UncommonGoods

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UncommonGoods.

Interview

There was the usual phone screen followed by the in person. The in person was a series of interviews by an HR person, project manager, architect, and some lead developers. The last lead developer asked a tough algorithm question which I do not ever imagine using over the course of my work. When he was done he also left me in the conference room saying "someone will come get you" instead of letting HR know I was done. Not very professional in my opinion because it shows a lack of respect for my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse an integer (or tell if it is a palindrome)?   Answer Question