Underground Elephant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Underground Elephant

2.3

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Underground Elephant in February 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a few different people, and random questions were mixed-in to throw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• Do chickens eat eggs? And if so, what kind of omelet would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be ready to answer the same question more than once.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume, went in a met with the marketing team to interview. Sat down with some of the team at first, and then upper management came in to talk and ask questions. Interview room has a great view of the San Diego skyline which was a little distracting.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a rapid fire questioning, some personal questions, some miscellaneous.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

Just met with a few people. They brought me in, I did not seek them out. Culture seems pretty intense. They weren't super clear about the exact role I would be doing. They're not like a traditional advertising agency, I think they're more a lead gen company and they also have programmatic ad buying.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Getting an interview with any company right now can be challenging. I applied online, and received an request to set up an interview within a week. I came in for a one on one interview and then followed that up with a second interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Made small talk for a few minutes with two managers on the phone, went over resume, then discussed briefly about what UE does and what the position entails. For entry level positions on the sales side, they're basically just looking for personality.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

There were a series of interviews, and I was pretty happy with the attention to detail. They gave me a code test, which wasn't that challenging, and I got to meet most of the team. Overall, the office shows well, and they seem to take more relaxed approach than other companies.

Interview Questions

• What job do I want after this one?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The process itself was easy, for me it involved speaking with senior engineering members about the role and my qualifications (no specific technical or coding questions). My interactions with HR however were not productive or constructive; they outright refused to answer my straightforward questions about compensation (for instance I asked how the bonus structure worked and how equity worked) and I felt they implied I was not right for the role if I had these type of questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions involving my work experience and previous projects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Immediately the next day I received the call for phone interview. Once done they told me to come onsite at anytime sooner. Just yesterday (Oct 6th 2015) I completed my onsite and waiting for my result (As I am waiting for the result, I am for now keeping I didn't receive the offer).

Interview Questions

• LinkedList -> How can you reverse the singly linkedlist.
      Provided the scenario and asked me to draw the database schemas for the scenario.
      Binary Search Tree
      MySQL   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed with HR first, they we're really nice and gave me a fun brain teaser to start. Asked me general personal questions to see if I'd be a good fit for HR. Then met with the Sales Manager. Her was really nice and was able to answer all my questions about the job and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company that will not only help you excel in your position, but contribute to the success of the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Underground Elephant in March 2016.

Interview

It was long - I was there for about an hour. Upon arrival I filled out a sheet of brain teasers to test my "mental acuity," not sure what was made of that. Then I had my HR interview to see if I was a good culture fit. I was asked my spirit animal, to tell the story of an item of choice I had brought to the interview, what item I would take with me out of their office, how I would transport a baby elephant into the building, random questions like that.

Next I met with the VP of Marketing, whom I had mailed my resume to already via snail mail. I met with the person she reported to, and the person who reported to her. I felt confident about the interview as I had prepared vastly for it. There was a lapse in communication, however, as I waited in the conference room for about 20 minutes alone, as I was told HR would come in to wrap up the interview (though they were not notified).

Before I had even left the building, the VP had e-mailed me saying only the nicest of comments, and saying she would consider me highly for the position. She connected with me on LinkedIn, e-mailed me again the next day, and had me complete a visual assignment for her. She gave me her feedback once I e-mailed her my first draft, I made changes based on her comments, but heard nothing back after my second submission. Really disappointing after the positive initial impression the company made.

Interview Questions

• If you were HR conducting this interview and could only ask one question, what would it be?   1 Answer