Underground Elephant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed with HR first, they we're really nice and gave me a fun brain teaser to start. Asked me general personal questions to see if I'd be a good fit for HR. Then met with the Sales Manager. Her was really nice and was able to answer all my questions about the job and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company that will not only help you excel in your position, but contribute to the success of the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The process itself was easy, for me it involved speaking with senior engineering members about the role and my qualifications (no specific technical or coding questions). My interactions with HR however were not productive or constructive; they outright refused to answer my straightforward questions about compensation (for instance I asked how the bonus structure worked and how equity worked) and I felt they implied I was not right for the role if I had these type of questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions involving my work experience and previous projects   Answer Question

Fullstack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

3 part interview. All Skype, since I lived in another place than San Diego. Initially a call with one of the Tech heads to see fit, with a few basic questions. Next a tech and HR combined for further detailing into tech and role fitness. Finally a round with the CTO. Mostly wanted to know if your experience and attitude matches with what they want. My profile actually did not align with their main framework and I was not in SD, but still they chose to go ahead with the interview to see if I would be a good fit. I was later rejected, but not sure why.Not much technical questions, only related to what you have done previously.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to work on ? Any specific interests in the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

Just met with a few people. They brought me in, I did not seek them out. Culture seems pretty intense. They weren't super clear about the exact role I would be doing. They're not like a traditional advertising agency, I think they're more a lead gen company and they also have programmatic ad buying.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Underground Elephant in March 2016.

Interview

It was long - I was there for about an hour. Upon arrival I filled out a sheet of brain teasers to test my "mental acuity," not sure what was made of that. Then I had my HR interview to see if I was a good culture fit. I was asked my spirit animal, to tell the story of an item of choice I had brought to the interview, what item I would take with me out of their office, how I would transport a baby elephant into the building, random questions like that.

Next I met with the VP of Marketing, whom I had mailed my resume to already via snail mail. I met with the person she reported to, and the person who reported to her. I felt confident about the interview as I had prepared vastly for it. There was a lapse in communication, however, as I waited in the conference room for about 20 minutes alone, as I was told HR would come in to wrap up the interview (though they were not notified).

Before I had even left the building, the VP had e-mailed me saying only the nicest of comments, and saying she would consider me highly for the position. She connected with me on LinkedIn, e-mailed me again the next day, and had me complete a visual assignment for her. She gave me her feedback once I e-mailed her my first draft, I made changes based on her comments, but heard nothing back after my second submission. Really disappointing after the positive initial impression the company made.

Interview Questions

• If you were HR conducting this interview and could only ask one question, what would it be?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and friendly. They make you feel at ease, makes the process natural and free flowing. All their questions are well-thought of and can really help determine the best candidate

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward process, just don't act completely inept and you'll land a position. I recommend shooting for a position that they vitalize (i.e. tech, security guard, browning of thine nose), so they can't throw you out of the door on a moments notice. Every position will regularly require you to undergo a series of anxiety attacks throughout any given business day.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Immediately the next day I received the call for phone interview. Once done they told me to come onsite at anytime sooner. Just yesterday (Oct 6th 2015) I completed my onsite and waiting for my result (As I am waiting for the result, I am for now keeping I didn't receive the offer).

Interview Questions

• LinkedList -> How can you reverse the singly linkedlist.
      Provided the scenario and asked me to draw the database schemas for the scenario.
      Binary Search Tree
      MySQL   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Underground Elephant.

Interview

I applied online specifically for this position and was emailed the next day to come in for an in interview! Awesome! I go in and sit down, waiting for the HR coordinator. Eventually I'm greeted by five other people checking to ensure I've been helped...cool! They're all very friendly. Then I'm greeted by who I believe was the CEO, who very smugly asked me to tell him something smart, before walking away and snickering.

I meet with HR who goes on to tell me the position I've applied for has already been filled. Awesome, why was I brought in? Well, with my sales experience they thought I'd be great for the inside sales position or marketing coordinator position! Oh...interesting...please tell me more about why I should be trying to get your entry level position? Because it pays $15/ hour, which is about a quarter of what I make at my current position? Oh yay lets keep talking about this!! I should have walked out right then and there...I kicked myself for a good hour for wasting my time after this and putting on such a polite and friendly face after experiencing a true bait and switch.

After meeting with 5 other people on the team...yes FIVE for a $28k/ year position, I finally told their VP how much I make and that I felt insulted that I was lied to to come in, especially for a non management position that pays NOTHING. He stated that the position I wanted had not been filled , and that it was in fact still available (only an hour and a half later) but by then I was so insulted anything he was telling me was going in one ear and out the other. HR came back to tell me next steps and it took everything I had not to laugh out loud. I'll need to wait at least a week to find out if I'm going to be offered this fantastic opportunity! Thanks but no thanks. An hour and a half of my life wasted for the "startup" that has such fantastic culture. tother. it clear

Account Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Underground Elephant (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with HR, talked a little about experiences, background and the company.

Then met with 2 different managers who asked me a series of questions about what I wanted to do in the future.

was called back within the next 2 days

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation