Ungerboeck Software International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ungerboeck Software International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Very basic. First round is meeting with a series of people who just want to get a feel for who you are. Taking a critical problem solving computer test - easy - and then a programming test on paper. Simple stuff like SQL, write a program that does a task, and topic on recursion.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (O'Fallon, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Several interviews, in person, because they did not schedule the proper amount of time to see me. Very friendly experience though, everyone was extremely nice. Coffee was ok. Had to take a kind of IQ test and a programming test. The programming test was odd to be on paper, when the IQ test was online. Met with several lead developers, a manager, the director of software engineering and the CTO. Its quite a long process in one day, and can seem like too much when you have another job already. H.R. was very eager to try and get an answer as soon as possible after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the field?
      What kind of technologies have you worked with?
      What are the design patterns you are familiar with?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Most communication done over LinkedIn, 3 rounds of interviews. Interview style was much more of a conversation. They want to know you as a person and how you'd fit with their company culture. Answered a lot of my questions about the company in the first interview. Comfortable environment to interview in!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some HR projects you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (O'Fallon, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews.

The phone interview was very informative, providing a clear description of the company and the specific role. The recruiter was knowledgable, enthusiastic and did an excellent job of providing me with the information I needed to best evaluate the position.

The first on-site interview began with a tour of the offices followed by a quick intelligence assessment (approximately 15 minutes). I then met with the VP of Sales. The interview focused on my strengths as well as what I enjoy and am motivated to do. I felt my interests were valued throughout the meeting.

The second on-site interview allowed me to meet with two Director level members of the sales department. Both allowed me to really understand the ins and outs of the position and the structure of the sales team so that I could clearly assess the fit and long-term potential with the organization.

My biggest take-away throughout the process was that they truly valued me as a candidate. They clearly answered all of my questions and remained focused on my interests throughout their questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• The questions focused on my interests, strengths and what motivates me. Their focus was to ensure I had the information I needed to properly evaluate their organization and the role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Client Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International.

Interview

This is the best interview process I have been through. I applied online, then I spoke with an HR recruiter. After speaking with them I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with the 2 Team Leads as well as the Executive Director of Customer Success. All 3 were so easy to talk to and only made me more excited about the company and position. A couple days later I was contacted to schedule a 2nd interview. This time I met with the Executive Director again, followed by the VP of Customer Success. Again, really approachable; they don't just ask you questions, but really let you ask questions as well. They are very upfront and honest in dealing with your questions. The process was very speedy and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career background and how it relates to this position   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (O'Fallon, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

I had to take a short computer test that tested personality and critical thinking skills, then a written coding test that asked you to debug a written computer code, write a program that did a specific task.

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (O'Fallon, MO).

Interview

I first met with a recruiter at my university's job fair. I was contacted a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-site interview.

This first interview consisted of taking two tests: one short logic/IQ test and one with maybe 8 programming questions. After the tests I discussed my resume with a team lead and a higher-level manager.

A week or so after the first interview, I was asked to return for a second in-person interview. During this interview I met with a second high-level manager and a VP. I was asked a few technical questions (no whiteboard coding or anything like that), but for the most part we all just had a discussion about the company and my past work. At the end of this interview I was offered the job.

I rated this interview "easy" because the interview questions were not as technically complicated as in other interviews I experienced. For me, an "average" interview consists of a technical phone screening followed by an on-site whiteboard coding session. A "difficult" interview involves one or more off-site coding interviews and/or a coding challenge coupled with one or more on-site coding interviews.

P.S. Based on my experience and the experience of a couple friends, if you make it to the second interview you're in the clear so just relax and be friendly.

P.P.S. Also, they all were just very nice people. I think everyone I met asked me if I wanted a water or a coke or something.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly straightforward. Know your databases, polymorphism, recursion, good SE practices, other basic CS concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation since this was entry level, but definitely some. Seemed like they respected my previous internships and my offer from another company.

Interview

Pretty much as you would expect, examples of difficult situations you've encountered and how you worked through them, they also are looking at your work ethic and trying to get a feel for how you'll mesh with customers.

Interview Questions

• Please give one or more examples of difficult situations you've encountered and how you worked through them.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long and tedious. I can see why now being here for over 3 years as to why, because Ungerboeck management truly wants to make sure the applicant is going to be the perfect fit.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ungerboeck Software International (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

Total of 10 rounds. Each round implies a 1:1 interview. this includes one on campus interview

Interview Questions

• SQL joins, aggreagations etc , Object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. its like take it or leave it