UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniFirst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was very cordial and overall it was a positive experience. I felt very comfortable during the interview and felt the questions were appropriate. It was more of a conversation than an inquisition, which was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Evansville, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the hiring manager over 2 weeks ago. She said she would email me by the end of the week to let me know if I had made it to the next round of the interview. I still haven’t heard back despite emailing her to follow up. Very unprofessional.

Side note: Three months ago I had another screening phone call with a different hiring manager, and I never heard back either. If this is how they treat applicants, I can’t imagine how they treat customers.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the recruiter. I had a phone screen with the manager of the training department. He then asked me to come in for an in person interview. Before arriving I asked approximately how long I would be there as I was taking time from my current position. I was told by recruiter an hour. I was there for much longer which I had not anticipated. I felt the interview went well. I sent a thank you card afterward and never heard a word from them again........ totally unprofessional and would not apply here again.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email on unifirst website, verifying their interest and wanting to set up a 30 minute ph screen. She called to cancel the first screen set up a second screening time. Wasn't called or emailed this time. How unprofessional! I've emailed and called twice apiece and have not received a response! If this lady wasn't interested, why did she waste her time and mine in the first place. I am not desperate for a job, rather looking for something else. Beware, the lady may/may not call.

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was available at a certain time.   1 Answer

Route Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Pleasant and informative. Not the structured formal interview I was expecting. First spoke with manager over the phone and was invited to come in for an interview. Next, sit down interview with two of the managers. A couple weeks later went in for a second in person interview with another manager. Was invited to go for a ride along to see if I really liked the job. Went on ride along and now waiting to hear back if I was selected for the position.

District Service Manager Interview

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that received my resume online. He scheduled a phone interview with me for the following day. He reviewed my resume then immediately jumped into the job description; I would be required to work 60 hours a week, spend at least 50% of my time on a route. I would be responsible for a team of about 6 route sales people. The max pay is $45,000 annually. Then he paused.

Now this is a "District Manager" position; but the description and pay do not support this title. This is an entry level supervisory role at best.
    Overall, the recruiter did not execute his responsibility well at all. I hope this is an isolated event. I can't imagine a large corporation allowing this level of interaction with potential employers to continue.
    With the job requirements,as stated, this should be much higher paying opportunity. Research this company heavily before committing. Best of luck to you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was willing to work this position for that salary.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in August 2017.

Interview

Scheduled the phone screen at the time the local sales manager suggested, and then she was so unprofessional and rude that she didn't call and I have not heard a peep since. I'll definitely not be wasting any more time with this company.

District Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UniFirst (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a very long interview process. I'll explain below.

2 Recruiter Interviews.
    1 DM
    1 GM
    1RVP
    1 Route Ride
    1 Lower Mgment

A bit disappointing. I applied online for a few other positions as well. I received a phone call from a recruiter stating that they had all been filled but she would interview me anyways.

A month later, I received another phone call from a different recruiter who interviwed me for the position that the previous recruiter stated were closed. She thought I was a great fit and moved me forward.

I was then set up with a District Manager interview. I must say he was great. Explained the role and responsibilities in a clear manner. That same day I interviewed with the General Manager, Although he seemed very serious he was polite. There is nothing I can say negative about them

A week later I was asked to interview with the Regional VP. Although there were a few snafus with the scheduling I attempted to accommodate them as best as possible. He did not ask standard questions but really wanted to know who I was. Not to in depth but was honest.

I was then recommended for a route ride (They only do this if they plan on hiring you). The route ride was awesome. The gentleman knew what he was doing and was very informative. Note that this is an interview as well.

After the route ride, I was instructed to speak with another manager who would be my colleague. He was VERY rude. He made it seem like I was distracting him from his work. He also complained about my beard and various other things that had nothing to do with the job description. He also was very condecending as if it was an honor to be working with him. It was annoying and disrespectful. He didn't even have my resume with him. Even though that whole encounter lasted less that 5 minutes.

I followed up with the recruiters to thank them for their time. Throughout the interview process they stressed letting them know where I was in the process of my other interiviews. So when I received a few offers I reached out to the recruiter(s) and at first, they were great and responsive. After about a week or so, be they came silent. No updates. Since then, not even a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Winchester, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview which lasted forty minutes. Interview time and place was set for the following week which lasted around forty minutes as well. During the interview, another sales manager attended and gave three exercises to be completed by the following week; ten cold call sales, riding along with another salesman for half a day and a presentation to be given the following week to the RM.

Keep in mind the office site is 1.5 hour away equalling 3 hours total and lots of gas which is not free. The presentation took up the weekend in order to do it well; the cold calls took gas and there were set requirements of information to be garnered. Plus, the ride along was a half hour away equalling another hour of drive time and gas. All seemed to go well until the presentation day when they requested me to come back to meet ONE more person - and they would email me the time later that day for a Friday appointment . No email arrived until Thursday night at 9:43 pm in the form of a declination note stating they had decided to go another path; incredibly unprofessional. What a waste of time, but, I definitely dodged a bullet as it became clear the the office is run by unproffessional salesmen and not managers. The process is inconsiderate of an applicant's time and expense. All in all this is the typical signal of the demise of a sales team - when you put someone in charge of managing a territory who is too close emotionally and has no knowledge, experience or training in managing people. My suggestion is for H.R. at corporate to be ready for major problems going forward as I am positive the recently deceased CEO just turned over in his grave. Run from this territory - unprofessional. I came away feeling as if they owed me money; what a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding time management and sales experience, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lexington, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly short (30-40 minute) phone interview. Followed by an in person interview with sales manager and branch manager at their location. After in person, you are given a field test to complete then present on. After I completed my field test, I called my recruiter, and was told I would be contacted and expected to present by the end of the week. They told me they would call to schedule. Waited and waited, no call. Never even an email to state I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What Drives you to succeed? Are you a self starter? Are you comfortable speaking to strangers?   Answer Question