UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.1

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst (Wilmington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with CFO and Assistant Controller each for an hour to discuss the role. Both went very well and the company appeared to be very amicable but they still believe in old school management operations which seemed to be a concern.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior experience in Treasury and Cash Management and why I wanted to continue to pursue it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen went well, same with 1st interview.
    They sent me on a "trial" run, where you go to businesses and introduce yourself as an "interviewee with a uniform company" you find, &. ask the DM questions regarding their uniform needs etc. They provided me with the worksheet and requested that I go to a minimum of 8 businesses, and to be diverse with the businesses I approached (not all restaurants, and car dealerships). Also, I had to put together a PowerPoint presentation on what "my opinion" of what the job entails.
    For the 2nd interview I presented my PowerPoint, and discussed my outcome of the 10 businesses that I went to, there were 4 mgrs there at the time.
    Since I have never had "outside sales" experience they asked me if I would be willing to go on a "ride along" with another rep so I can observe their tactics and truly understand the position. Of course I said yes and they said that they would call me that day to let me know when my ride along would be. Perfect, right?....WRONG.
    I NEVER got a call. I waited 24 hrs and through the weekend. On Monday I emailed 2 of the managers asking about the ride along-no response. So I called 1 of the managers and she called me back and said that she thought the other manager had told me that they were considering me for a "bench" meaning that if someone quits or if another interviewee failed that then they would consider me for the position....but wanted to know if I'd still consider a ride along. I was SHOCKED to say the least. I told her that I would still do the ride along, and she said "great, let me look at that sales reps schedule and I will call you back with a day"...that was 2 weeks ago.
    Communication is obviously not their strong point.
    My suggestion to UniFirst is let your interviewees know from the beginning what your plan is for them, if it is a "bench" you want, let them know! I would've been fine with that, the fact that you didn't communicate that, is highly unprofessional. My time is JUST as valuable as your time.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an outside sales position. He was very professional, upbeat and on top of his game. He set up a phone interview with the area sales manager. She started the interview by informing me if I had a DUI conviction over the last five years, I would not be hired. Also, I would be drug tested and my background would be checked. I pretty much lost interest at this point. I did however, do some research. Very young, 10 months experience as a manager. This might be a position for college grads looking for their first sales job but not seasoned pros.

Interview Questions

• The sales manger didn't ask me any probing questions. She seemed to do all the talking.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Odd: This had to be the most unprofessional interview. I was set up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He only seemed interested in 2 things: had I interviewed with the competition and how many "trophies" did I have from my previous jobs. He also put down previous sales reps with his company. Once the interview was over I did my research and it all make sense. This manager has only been manager for a month and only had 1.5 year experience in sales total in his career. I understand we all start somewhere, but having over 10 years successful sales experience I could never imagine working under this fellow. Perhaps more training is needed before he is in charge of new hires. I decided not to proceed with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How many "trophies" did you receive at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Rochester, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with an email to set up a phone screening. The initial phone call took about 30 minutes and we finished by setting up a face to face. The face to face was very much like a conversation and the focus was to make sure I was comfortable with expectations of the position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Wilmington, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Call with recruiter for about 15 min discussing prior experience and position. On site interview with two managers for about 1hr - 1.5hr. Talked about my experience, responsibilities of the role and such.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UniFirst (Knoxville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with the Sales Manager took about 45 minutes. He did all the talking. Described the company, what they do, where they operate, job responsibilities, required dress, pay structure and potential sales targets.

Route Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Received a really great telephone screening. The call was cordial, not intimidating at all, and very informative. I had the chance to explain my experience and skills. I was being invited to a face-to-face interview, when I brought up my need for a month to separate from my current employer.
    That was a deal killer! Convinced this is a great company!

Interview Questions

• To provide some examples of my work.   1 Answer

Learning and Development Process Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email about being chosen for a one way, digital interview as the first step in UniFirst's hiring process. It was like a one way Skype. There were 4 or 5 video questions (with a 3 minute response maximum time limit and approximately 30 seconds after the question flashed on the screen to record your video response.) There was then one "written" question. That was the part that annoyed me. After all the thought I put into the video responses, I anticipated the written question would be to ascertain my literacy skills. Nope - it was "What is your salary expectation?"

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UniFirst (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Supervisor interviewing me was on a case of to many red bulls, very high stung on himself. He was not careful at expressing his dislikes towards disgruntled employees, I didn't feel comfortable being questioned on how hard would I work if he asked me to work for more than 80 hrs a week ( cus he does it) quite intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What if I ask you to tell one of your team player that he needs to stay longer and he doesn't want to ?   1 Answer