UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniFirst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

Interview

Quick and easy they responded quickly to the application and set up an interview. Afterwords they extended an invite for an in person interview. Overall has been a great experience and am waiting on the in person interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Spokane, WA).

Interview

It is a detailed process but after being hired it makes sense why they make you go through so many steps to get hired
    It's is 10-15 min phone interview then an in person interview then a field exercise where you have to go to 12+ local bsn and ask about their uniform services. It is NOT about trying to get you to work for free, it's about a realistic job preview and if you would like doing it.
    Then at your 3rd interview you present your information. The reason the company makes you go through so much is because they invest 13 weeks of training and how crapy would it be to realize you don't like the job AFTER the company has invested thousands into your training.
    My hiring manager Kim Smith was awesome. I am super excited to be working for her. Very professional and knowledgeable about being the best at this job. Also the location manager Rick has been great too! Hopefully I get to work with them both for many years to come!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and took ownership for it   Answer Question
    • What's the worst feedback you've ever received.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is set salary no negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

For me at this location I faced a 5-step process from the brief phone chat to formalized in-person interviews with numerous people including the GM in Houston, the RSM and VP for this region and a Senior VP from Corporate in Boston.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked weren't difficult or "odd" they were simply a conversation about my past, this company, goals professionally and personally, and of course and some specifics on how I would/could fit here and what my plans would be at this plant location.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I interviewed at UniFirst (Wilmington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. A mix of questions - about me, my past experience, what I'm looking for in my next opportunity, and salary expectations. No behavioral "tell me about a time", academic (e.g., What makes a good user story), or scenario/case study-type questions.

There would have been at least two more rounds of interviews after this initial phone interview. Since it's been at least three months since the initial phone interview and I haven't heard anything from UniFirst, I'm assuming I'm no longer being considered for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen went well, same with 1st interview.
    They sent me on a "trial" run, where you go to businesses and introduce yourself as an "interviewee with a uniform company" you find, &. ask the DM questions regarding their uniform needs etc. They provided me with the worksheet and requested that I go to a minimum of 8 businesses, and to be diverse with the businesses I approached (not all restaurants, and car dealerships). Also, I had to put together a PowerPoint presentation on what "my opinion" of what the job entails.
    For the 2nd interview I presented my PowerPoint, and discussed my outcome of the 10 businesses that I went to, there were 4 mgrs there at the time.
    Since I have never had "outside sales" experience they asked me if I would be willing to go on a "ride along" with another rep so I can observe their tactics and truly understand the position. Of course I said yes and they said that they would call me that day to let me know when my ride along would be. Perfect, right?....WRONG.
    I NEVER got a call. I waited 24 hrs and through the weekend. On Monday I emailed 2 of the managers asking about the ride along-no response. So I called 1 of the managers and she called me back and said that she thought the other manager had told me that they were considering me for a "bench" meaning that if someone quits or if another interviewee failed that then they would consider me for the position....but wanted to know if I'd still consider a ride along. I was SHOCKED to say the least. I told her that I would still do the ride along, and she said "great, let me look at that sales reps schedule and I will call you back with a day"...that was 2 weeks ago.
    Communication is obviously not their strong point.
    My suggestion to UniFirst is let your interviewees know from the beginning what your plan is for them, if it is a "bench" you want, let them know! I would've been fine with that, the fact that you didn't communicate that, is highly unprofessional. My time is JUST as valuable as your time.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst (Wilmington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with CFO and Assistant Controller each for an hour to discuss the role. Both went very well and the company appeared to be very amicable but they still believe in old school management operations which seemed to be a concern.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior experience in Treasury and Cash Management and why I wanted to continue to pursue it   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an outside sales position. He was very professional, upbeat and on top of his game. He set up a phone interview with the area sales manager. She started the interview by informing me if I had a DUI conviction over the last five years, I would not be hired. Also, I would be drug tested and my background would be checked. I pretty much lost interest at this point. I did however, do some research. Very young, 10 months experience as a manager. This might be a position for college grads looking for their first sales job but not seasoned pros.

Interview Questions

• The sales manger didn't ask me any probing questions. She seemed to do all the talking.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Odd: This had to be the most unprofessional interview. I was set up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He only seemed interested in 2 things: had I interviewed with the competition and how many "trophies" did I have from my previous jobs. He also put down previous sales reps with his company. Once the interview was over I did my research and it all make sense. This manager has only been manager for a month and only had 1.5 year experience in sales total in his career. I understand we all start somewhere, but having over 10 years successful sales experience I could never imagine working under this fellow. Perhaps more training is needed before he is in charge of new hires. I decided not to proceed with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How many "trophies" did you receive at your last job?   1 Answer

District Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Kernersville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview and afterwards there was an in person interview. Both were very straightforward and not too hard to get past. For the in person interview there was a lot of "tell me a time when" questions...pretty generic questions though.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me a time when"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Mobile, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed three times, included a field test (going to 8 or more companies and telling them you are interviewing with a uniform company and are not trying to sell anything but you need their time for a survey) and doing a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• What did you like and/or dislike about the field test   1 Answer