UniFirst Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

3.3

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was very cordial and overall it was a positive experience. I felt very comfortable during the interview and felt the questions were appropriate. It was more of a conversation than an inquisition, which was nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Phone interview first. Face to face with SM and BM, you have to visit 5 businesses and present in ppt. for third interview w/o compensation on time and cost of this requirement. Offer next.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions.
      What do you love/hate most about selling?
      Tell us a time when you overcame and won the sale.
      ect.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Evansville, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the hiring manager over 2 weeks ago. She said she would email me by the end of the week to let me know if I had made it to the next round of the interview. I still haven’t heard back despite emailing her to follow up. Very unprofessional.

Side note: Three months ago I had another screening phone call with a different hiring manager, and I never heard back either. If this is how they treat applicants, I can’t imagine how they treat customers.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

A recruiter found me on indeed. I had an easy phone interview, and was asked to come in for a second interview, but did not go through with it. It seems that they are looking to hire students right out of college.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about other job opportunities I was looking at, which I thought was weird.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in August 2017.

Interview

Scheduled the phone screen at the time the local sales manager suggested, and then she was so unprofessional and rude that she didn't call and I have not heard a peep since. I'll definitely not be wasting any more time with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Mobile, AL).

Interview

The process was long. The most interesting is you have to do a presentations telling why you are the one for the job. You sit in the room with the sales manager and sales director and they interview you together. You have to use your imagination to come up. Most important is to give them a tangible reason why you are there. They are looking for a reason that would motivate you to keep dialing even when it gets hard.

Interview Questions

• Typical work related questions. That why is what drives you to make all the sales calls to set appointments. I told them my why was my kids. Every time I make a dial I used the fact that I had buy milk for my newborn.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

It was delightful to learn more about their process and got to do a field survey which help me decide this is the company I want to work for now.

Interview Questions

• What is one characteristic of a Outside Sales Rep that you think is needed to be successful?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Winchester, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview which lasted forty minutes. Interview time and place was set for the following week which lasted around forty minutes as well. During the interview, another sales manager attended and gave three exercises to be completed by the following week; ten cold call sales, riding along with another salesman for half a day and a presentation to be given the following week to the RM.

Keep in mind the office site is 1.5 hour away equalling 3 hours total and lots of gas which is not free. The presentation took up the weekend in order to do it well; the cold calls took gas and there were set requirements of information to be garnered. Plus, the ride along was a half hour away equalling another hour of drive time and gas. All seemed to go well until the presentation day when they requested me to come back to meet ONE more person - and they would email me the time later that day for a Friday appointment . No email arrived until Thursday night at 9:43 pm in the form of a declination note stating they had decided to go another path; incredibly unprofessional. What a waste of time, but, I definitely dodged a bullet as it became clear the the office is run by unproffessional salesmen and not managers. The process is inconsiderate of an applicant's time and expense. All in all this is the typical signal of the demise of a sales team - when you put someone in charge of managing a territory who is too close emotionally and has no knowledge, experience or training in managing people. My suggestion is for H.R. at corporate to be ready for major problems going forward as I am positive the recently deceased CEO just turned over in his grave. Run from this territory - unprofessional. I came away feeling as if they owed me money; what a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding time management and sales experience, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lexington, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly short (30-40 minute) phone interview. Followed by an in person interview with sales manager and branch manager at their location. After in person, you are given a field test to complete then present on. After I completed my field test, I called my recruiter, and was told I would be contacted and expected to present by the end of the week. They told me they would call to schedule. Waited and waited, no call. Never even an email to state I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What Drives you to succeed? Are you a self starter? Are you comfortable speaking to strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was long but very thorough which shows you every aspect of the role. Phone interview, in person interview, presentation, in person interview with general manager and phone interview with regional manager, and a drug test.