UniFirst Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniFirst Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process after the application was a phone interview, face to face interview, then a field exercise, then a powerpoint presentation. The phone interview was easy and straightforward; just be yourself. The face to face involves you going to the facility and meeting with a sales manager. He or she will ask you general interview questions that you can google to address beforehand. Then, after the face to face, you are asked to prospect 20 random (at your discretion) businesses in a territory and report back to them which uniform services they use. This is to be done the week prior to your ride along. Please keep in mind this is all before you get the job, unpaid, and usually during your other full-time job. During the ride along, you are asked to perform the job the person getting paid to do the job performs. I get that this is to get a "feel" for the position and to see if you will cold canvass the territories but man, that's much to ask before getting paid. It is also much to ask of someone that works a full-time job and cannot run out during the day to talk with retail establishments. Finally, you present a power point to a group of managers. Keep in mind, there is very little reward. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was, as I had read, a bit more cumbersome than one would expect. There was an initial interview with both the sales manager and branch manager together, then a follow-up during which I had to give a presentation on material I was given (to test my "stage presence" and comprehension ability). Following that, there were two phone interviews, one of which was much more in depth (quite enjoyable, actually) before I was done with the process and received an offer. None of the interviews were onerous, few of the questions were redundant, and I was able to get a very good feel for the people for whom I would be working during the process, so I knew it would be a good fit from my perspective; my interviewers knew that I was interviewing them, too, and were very forthcoming in offering information and explaining how thing actually worked in the real world, versus just giving me an idealized picture that was all rosy. I accepted the position because I liked what I heard and now that I am into the rather extensive training, I am eager to start selling.

Interview Questions

• How will I adapt to a sales position that is out of the office   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UniFirst (Knoxville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with the Sales Manager took about 45 minutes. He did all the talking. Described the company, what they do, where they operate, job responsibilities, required dress, pay structure and potential sales targets.

Sales Interview

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I received an email requesting a phone interview and accepted. When Mathew called me, he was completely distant and sounded annoyed the entire time. He clearly had a list of required questions to ask and was only interested in getting the answers written down as quickly as possible to get it over with. Throughout the whole call, he never let me finish a single thought or answer, had zero personality, and made snide comments to many of my answers. At one point, he asked me to list all me accomplishments since 8th grade. That was 20 years ago! I named one, and he moved on.

At the end, he said he will score my answers and contact me if I qualified for an interview. I asked him to talk to me about the job and he said he doesn't do that on this call.

Even if I get an interview, I will not accept it. As a customer service oriented professional, I would NEVER work for a company who thinks that this way of treating people is acceptable. Horrible first impression!! Clearly, this is how they treat people, potential employees or customers, and I will gladly not be a part of it!

Interview Questions

• List your accomplishments since 8th grade.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face sales manager, then a group
    Created new market development plans, sales strategies, sales collateral, sales presentations and training, client testimonials, marketing communications plans, trade show participation and managed media relations,Green Energy, Health and fitness,

Interview Questions

• Why should unifirst hire you   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

the process was short because they had just had a new manager that finished his training and had to get him a team. Interview started with sales manager and then went to talk to the General Manager. It was very easy process they asked a few questions then the general manager basically just talked to me for an hour about how the company is great. He told me that they had some issues in the past but he had fixed them and this was a great opportunity for everyone in the company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Regina, SK (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very fair and throughout. It entails quite a bit of an overview of the business and one area even requires the interviewee to perform basic tasks to show they are a good fit and are comfortable with the job before hire. They also require you to read a small packet that entails how to succeed within the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the difference is between inside and outside sales and why do you think you will succeed in outside sales?   1 Answer