UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Louisville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process (4-6 weeks) but necessary. Can be very similar to a typical sales process with an account. I was referred by a current employee (most people who work at the Louisville location are). Phone interview with sales manager followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. If they like you, next step is an in-person interview with branch manager. If he likes you and you successfully complete your cold call assignments, you are asked to typically do a half-day ride along with a current rep aduring regular business hours. If rep you ride with likes you and you perform a good sales presentation (some have to do the presentation in front of the entire sales team) you then move on to an interview with the plant manager and will most likely have to drive to Franklin, OH to interview with him in-person unless he happens to be in town. After all that, you interview with the regional sales manager by phone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical sales questions, multiple interviews, assignments, ride-along, presentation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

In order:
    Phone screen, 1:1 with manager, ride day, presentation, 1:1 with regional manager, drug test/background check.
    Offer
    Very similar to a lot of sales position interviews. Only way to know if you are a good candidate, any company who meets you once and offers the position is not doing a thorough enoug process to select good candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone call. Then face to face with Sales Manager. Tasked with a field exercise to ensure it was a good fit for me as well as a good fit for UniFirst. Interview with Branch Manager and Regional Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the industrial laundry industry as well as UniFirst   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Ontario, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews with two interviewers and an essay. All interviews required a 2 hour commute (for me), Los Angeles to Ontario. I came to Unifirst with two degrees (from top 20 schools) and 10 years business sales experience from Orkin Pest Control. The first two interviews went wonderfully, the managers seemed to be excited and so was. I met the hiring manager in my last interview and towards the end he told me that he "heard a gay tone in my voice during the interview" he explained his work group is religious and he likes to hire people with the same values and he doesn't hire homosexuals. He asked me was I gay and I, replied yes. After which he ended the interview and escorted me out. The other manager gave this look like 'what's going on' as he watched us walk out. I was in complete shock, I didn't say anything. I've met discrimination before but nothing like that. I will never forget that. I hope my experience helps save other gay job seekers time. I ended up taking an offer from T-Mobile Business. I also recieved offers from AT&T and Aramark.

Interview Questions

• Are you a homosexual?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple step process with both managers involved, in depth to see your skills and how well you fit with the entire group. Presentation that is involved to see your presenting skills. It was a good experience to get included with the group and they really try to see if it is a good fit for both parties. Both managers were very involved in the process and helpful along the way answering any questions that I may have had

Anonymous Employee in Florida, NY

Interview

Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

If you are interested in the job..... ask for it.
    UniFirst is looking for people who want to grow from within not a short stay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want toi be in sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. Very Past Paced and many questions. Overall was a nice interview although they seemed very interested they did not contact me back. Go in prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Called and did a phone interview by the GM. He informed me the branch manager was out but they wanted to speak with me quickly. He told me I would get a follow up call by the branch manger the following week when he got back in. I was able to do a face to face interview the following week with branch manager. I was given a "survey" to go around to local businesses to ask about their current uniform programs. I had to have that done before meeting with the GM the week after. The following week I met with the GM and we went over what I found out doing the survey. I took a personality test Christmas and NYE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a difficult sale and still made it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lake Charles, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online after I was referred by an employee! Phone interview was first, then wanted to meet w me face to face! After I was invited to present the presentation, such an accomplishment just to be hired!

Interview Questions

• What does success mean to me?   1 Answer