UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview thinking it was for a Sales Rep. position, turns out it ended up being for a route service representative position. They asked me very little questions, asked if I could go for a ride along, and that was that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

In order:
    Phone screen, 1:1 with manager, ride day, presentation, 1:1 with regional manager, drug test/background check.
    Offer
    Very similar to a lot of sales position interviews. Only way to know if you are a good candidate, any company who meets you once and offers the position is not doing a thorough enoug process to select good candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone call. Then face to face with Sales Manager. Tasked with a field exercise to ensure it was a good fit for me as well as a good fit for UniFirst. Interview with Branch Manager and Regional Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the industrial laundry industry as well as UniFirst   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Called and did a phone interview by the GM. He informed me the branch manager was out but they wanted to speak with me quickly. He told me I would get a follow up call by the branch manger the following week when he got back in. I was able to do a face to face interview the following week with branch manager. I was given a "survey" to go around to local businesses to ask about their current uniform programs. I had to have that done before meeting with the GM the week after. The following week I met with the GM and we went over what I found out doing the survey. I took a personality test Christmas and NYE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a difficult sale and still made it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lake Charles, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online after I was referred by an employee! Phone interview was first, then wanted to meet w me face to face! After I was invited to present the presentation, such an accomplishment just to be hired!

Interview Questions

• What does success mean to me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Ontario, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews with two interviewers and an essay. All interviews required a 2 hour commute (for me), Los Angeles to Ontario. I came to Unifirst with two degrees (from top 20 schools) and 10 years business sales experience from Orkin Pest Control. The first two interviews went wonderfully, the managers seemed to be excited and so was. I met the hiring manager in my last interview and towards the end he told me that he "heard a gay tone in my voice during the interview" he explained his work group is religious and he likes to hire people with the same values and he doesn't hire homosexuals. He asked me was I gay and I, replied yes. After which he ended the interview and escorted me out. The other manager gave this look like 'what's going on' as he watched us walk out. I was in complete shock, I didn't say anything. I've met discrimination before but nothing like that. I will never forget that. I hope my experience helps save other gay job seekers time. I ended up taking an offer from T-Mobile Business. I also recieved offers from AT&T and Aramark.

Interview Questions

• Are you a homosexual?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview at a set time. I took that time off work and never received that call. A call to cancel would have been nice. I considered this very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• To be available at a certain time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was required to sit through (2) formal interviews and a ride-along day. The first interview was a face to face with the (2) sales managers at the location. They got to know me and my personality and by the end of the interview asked me to read a couple page article and prepare for a presentation to them the following week. I did so and my second interview was a presentation on my reading and understanding of the article (article was call "The Road to Presidents Club"). For my third interview, I was asked to spend a half day riding along with a tenured sales rep on their team and get to know the position better. I'm sure the tenured rep reported back to the managers on my involvement and interaction throughout my half day.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Buffalo, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

One phone screening with local sales manager, then interview in person with same manager, one with general manager and then the regional manager. In-between the final two interviews, you ride along with a current sales representative.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Marion, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

5 Interview process, very professional. 1st interview was a phone screen. 2nd met with Sales manager and branch manager. 3rd district sales manager, 4th regional sales manager 5th VP of sales. Aslo during process I had to do a Powerpoint presentation and a local survey