UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Called and did a phone interview by the GM. He informed me the branch manager was out but they wanted to speak with me quickly. He told me I would get a follow up call by the branch manger the following week when he got back in. I was able to do a face to face interview the following week with branch manager. I was given a "survey" to go around to local businesses to ask about their current uniform programs. I had to have that done before meeting with the GM the week after. The following week I met with the GM and we went over what I found out doing the survey. I took a personality test Christmas and NYE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a difficult sale and still made it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Marysville, WA).

Interview

I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Questions

• asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Submitted application to Sales manager's email. Called back a week later to set up a time for a phone interview. 15-20 mins conversation phone interview asked questions such as what's your ideal type of position, what do you know about UniFirst, Why do you want to work here, do you know what this position entails and what interest you about sales?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florida, NY

Interview

Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was required to sit through (2) formal interviews and a ride-along day. The first interview was a face to face with the (2) sales managers at the location. They got to know me and my personality and by the end of the interview asked me to read a couple page article and prepare for a presentation to them the following week. I did so and my second interview was a presentation on my reading and understanding of the article (article was call "The Road to Presidents Club"). For my third interview, I was asked to spend a half day riding along with a tenured sales rep on their team and get to know the position better. I'm sure the tenured rep reported back to the managers on my involvement and interaction throughout my half day.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process but informative, first meeting was two hours but was allowed to ask lots of questions. Met with two different sales manager (one was the outgoing and the other was the newly promoted sales manager. The newly promoted manager had been a rep for six months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. It was a take it or leave it scenario.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewer expected me to run the interview seemingly, but showed little interest in what I had to say.

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was easy. The branch manager had the IQ of a turnip. There were three interviews: the first with the sales manager, the second with the branch manager and the third with the regional sales manager.
    Try to close the interview with each by asking for the job and closing the deal, especially with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Branch manager asked many personal questions that I'm pretty sure were illegal for him to ask.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. Pay is low and the corporate moral is awful. The training program for sales is good. Get trained and look for other jobs.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UniFirst (Woodstock, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview a week before actual interview. 1:1 took place at their office in Woodstock.
    Although I've been in sales for many years, they based your ability through a personality test.
    Sensed a lot of arrogance from my interviewers, leaving me not wanting the job about halfway through the questioning period. Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't get a callback.

Interview Questions

• You have to make around 200 cold calls weekly, would you be okay with that?   Answer Question