UniFirst Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple step process with both managers involved, in depth to see your skills and how well you fit with the entire group. Presentation that is involved to see your presenting skills. It was a good experience to get included with the group and they really try to see if it is a good fit for both parties. Both managers were very involved in the process and helpful along the way answering any questions that I may have had

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UniFirst

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Ontario, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews with two interviewers and an essay. All interviews required a 2 hour commute (for me), Los Angeles to Ontario. I came to Unifirst with two degrees (from top 20 schools) and 10 years business sales experience from Orkin Pest Control. The first two interviews went wonderfully, the managers seemed to be excited and so was. I met the hiring manager in my last interview and towards the end he told me that he "heard a gay tone in my voice during the interview" he explained his work group is religious and he likes to hire people with the same values and he doesn't hire homosexuals. He asked me was I gay and I, replied yes. After which he ended the interview and escorted me out. The other manager gave this look like 'what's going on' as he watched us walk out. I was in complete shock, I didn't say anything. I've met discrimination before but nothing like that. I will never forget that. I hope my experience helps save other gay job seekers time. I ended up taking an offer from T-Mobile Business. I also recieved offers from AT&T and Aramark.

Interview Questions

• Are you a homosexual?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Called and did a phone interview by the GM. He informed me the branch manager was out but they wanted to speak with me quickly. He told me I would get a follow up call by the branch manger the following week when he got back in. I was able to do a face to face interview the following week with branch manager. I was given a "survey" to go around to local businesses to ask about their current uniform programs. I had to have that done before meeting with the GM the week after. The following week I met with the GM and we went over what I found out doing the survey. I took a personality test Christmas and NYE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a difficult sale and still made it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Marysville, WA).

Interview

I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Louisville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process (4-6 weeks) but necessary. Can be very similar to a typical sales process with an account. I was referred by a current employee (most people who work at the Louisville location are). Phone interview with sales manager followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. If they like you, next step is an in-person interview with branch manager. If he likes you and you successfully complete your cold call assignments, you are asked to typically do a half-day ride along with a current rep aduring regular business hours. If rep you ride with likes you and you perform a good sales presentation (some have to do the presentation in front of the entire sales team) you then move on to an interview with the plant manager and will most likely have to drive to Franklin, OH to interview with him in-person unless he happens to be in town. After all that, you interview with the regional sales manager by phone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical sales questions, multiple interviews, assignments, ride-along, presentation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Questions

• asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Submitted application to Sales manager's email. Called back a week later to set up a time for a phone interview. 15-20 mins conversation phone interview asked questions such as what's your ideal type of position, what do you know about UniFirst, Why do you want to work here, do you know what this position entails and what interest you about sales?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florida, NY

Interview

Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was required to sit through (2) formal interviews and a ride-along day. The first interview was a face to face with the (2) sales managers at the location. They got to know me and my personality and by the end of the interview asked me to read a couple page article and prepare for a presentation to them the following week. I did so and my second interview was a presentation on my reading and understanding of the article (article was call "The Road to Presidents Club"). For my third interview, I was asked to spend a half day riding along with a tenured sales rep on their team and get to know the position better. I'm sure the tenured rep reported back to the managers on my involvement and interaction throughout my half day.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lake Charles, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process but informative, first meeting was two hours but was allowed to ask lots of questions. Met with two different sales manager (one was the outgoing and the other was the newly promoted sales manager. The newly promoted manager had been a rep for six months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. It was a take it or leave it scenario.