UniSIM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UniSIM Interview Questions

Interviews at UniSIM

2.6

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniSIM.

Interview

I was asked to craft and present a short talk on my area of expertise, and subsequently answered questions from the interviewers. I was also given the chance to pose questions of my own about the university structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniSIM (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2019.

Interview

Interview process is fairly fast. However, HR staff might not be competent as one my original certificates went missing after verification by HR. Had to come back to SUSS HR on another day just to collect my missing cert. Interviewed by Vice Dean, a department staff and a HR Staff. Had to do a written assessment before the interview.

Executive Interview

Interview

On the day of the interview, there was a 30 minutes written test. Afterwhich, there was a panel of 5 interviewers, including a HR senior officer, Dean, Vice-dean and 2 managers.

Associate Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniSIM.

Interview

Casual. It was a conversation between fellow academics, sharing on the experiences of teaching and also discussing working conditions in the university. There was also a discussion on the teaching policy.

Officer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniSIM (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about 1 hour. 30 minutes writing test (Replying to a complaint e-mail of a student) and 30 minutes of a face-to-face interview. Had an interview with the HR Manager and the in-charge. They were nice, very professional. They asked about my previous job experience and talked about a difficult situation I faced.

The job description mentioned that it was a Monday - Friday job, and I only found out that the job requires shift work and weekends as well.

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniSIM.

Interview

Received a call from HR to have the interview within 3 days, after I had applied the position online. The interview consists of a half and hour written test (replying to a complaint email from a student) and face to face interview. Whole process took about one hour.
    Interviewed by 2 department managers and probably 1 HR manager. Although questions was threw to me continuously but it was not those type of difficult questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniSIM in March 2017.

Interview

The interview Started with 30 mins writing test, followed by face to face interview by 2 interviewers from IT and 1 HR person. HR checked all the certificates and explain what benefits they have.

Lecturer Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. There will be a pre job talk interview with senior management and the head of department. After going through the first round of interview, there will be another session scheduled for presentation. Interviewee has the autonomy to choose the topic of presentation. Presentation is open to all faculty members of the university. Through the presentation and interaction with faculty members, the recruitment committee will decide if the candidate is suitable for the opening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniSIM (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

First, there was a 30 minutes written test on a complain letter from student, then followed by an interview with a HR senior officer and 2 managers.
    The whole experience was very unpleasant as they keep probing into my personal life, rather than focusing on questions related to the position or the company. They would also want to look through all the academic results from university all the way to secondary school.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about UniSIM?   Answer Question
    • What is each of your family members working as?
      (Followed by more detailed questions on each family members)   Answer Question
    • What is the salary for all your past and current jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniSIM (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR officer called and asked if I was all right to take a pay cut. A week later, she called to arrange a time for an interview. On the day of the interview, I had to write an essay. Afterwhich, there was a panel of 4 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you apply for this job?
      Q: What is your dream job?   Answer Question