Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Applied online, passed online games, had video interview and received feedback but no insights as to whether or not I had moved on. Still not sure if I moved on even after reaching out to recruiters. Whole process seemed very impersonal and robotic. Not a fan.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

1:1 Interview (On-Campus), if you do well...

Invitation to Superday in Englewood Cliffs. The night before Superday, the company takes you to dinner. It's pretty relaxed...getting to know the people/company. Important to talk to the employees and learn about the company (employees are eager to share their experience).

The next day there are two 1:1 interviews. I enjoyed both of my interviews, but I've heard different opinions (depends on the interviewer obviously). Just be yourself and, and you'll do great! I would say that they definitely want to challenge you, but that's the fun part!

Lunch.

After the interviews, there is a case scenario. You have about 90 minutes (if I remember correctly) to prepare and present with a team. You're given a product category and a few demographics...then you have to come up with what you want to take to market given the constraints. I was really nervous for this portion, but it's honestly not that bad at all. There are 3-4 Unilever employees that are watching how you work with the team and how you can involve your other group members.

Side note: some people have the case before lunch and the interviews following lunch.

Overall, the interview process is great. They link you up with a "mentor" who is a current employee. I LOVED my mentor because he really motivated me and boosted my moral before my interview! I haven't started as of yet, but HR has been an absolute dream to work with. I am really excited to start this summer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the contract/package. I didn't negotiate, but it seemed like a pretty firm offer.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Great and informative but took about 2 months

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

i was recruited from Business School. Screened on campus then full day of on- site interviews

Interview Questions

• packaged goods marketing and why Unilever?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary based on other offers

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

-One digital interview and one face to face interview.
    -The whole process lasted almost 4 months for barely 2 interviews.
    -I long periods where I didn't received an answer back from the HR team, which I found to be extremely disrespectful.
    -They engage in massive recruiting so be prepare to compete with 20 applicants on the last stage of the process
    -They expect you to pay the whole travel for the face to face interview, and only exceptionally you can do it via Skype

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online the next step of the procedure is the digital interview. You have 3 attempts to record your answer and thia makes the peocedure quite easy. All the questions are situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you had to deal with a difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

A little challenging since there were time constraints and I was asked to craft a business model within 2 minutes. the interviewer kept questioning from my answers and lots of scenario based questions were asked too

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically, It was a unformal interview. The interviwer was the Axe brand manager and he was a very cool guy. It wasn't a tipical interview with the tipical question. Indeed, it was a nice conversation about myself and my expectation. Although, I was subject to question about the product that I would be working on, real problems that they were having at that time. He also "played" with my, asking me some numerical reasoning questions, which I was not expected and thus, it didn't go very well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What does this company has different from the others ?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to promote the new Axe product category?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2015.

Interview

Full day process that begun with a case study that you prepare and present to the panel, Group works, and one on one interviews. there was also a quick fire session, in which candidates pick a topic from a box and have 5mins to discuss whatever issue is presented.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Very simple interview process. Applied through a recruiter and got an interview call the next day. Got the job in 2 days. Basic STAR type questions with the Marketing Director and VP. No negotiation on the salary but it was a fair salary anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever? Why Marketing? Key marketing positioning questions on their brands   Answer Question