Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

A little challenging since there were time constraints and I was asked to craft a business model within 2 minutes. the interviewer kept questioning from my answers and lots of scenario based questions were asked too

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2015.

Interview

Full day process that begun with a case study that you prepare and present to the panel, Group works, and one on one interviews. there was also a quick fire session, in which candidates pick a topic from a box and have 5mins to discuss whatever issue is presented.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

1:1 Interview (On-Campus), if you do well...

Invitation to Superday in Englewood Cliffs. The night before Superday, the company takes you to dinner. It's pretty relaxed...getting to know the people/company. Important to talk to the employees and learn about the company (employees are eager to share their experience).

The next day there are two 1:1 interviews. I enjoyed both of my interviews, but I've heard different opinions (depends on the interviewer obviously). Just be yourself and, and you'll do great! I would say that they definitely want to challenge you, but that's the fun part!

Lunch.

After the interviews, there is a case scenario. You have about 90 minutes (if I remember correctly) to prepare and present with a team. You're given a product category and a few demographics...then you have to come up with what you want to take to market given the constraints. I was really nervous for this portion, but it's honestly not that bad at all. There are 3-4 Unilever employees that are watching how you work with the team and how you can involve your other group members.

Side note: some people have the case before lunch and the interviews following lunch.

Overall, the interview process is great. They link you up with a "mentor" who is a current employee. I LOVED my mentor because he really motivated me and boosted my moral before my interview! I haven't started as of yet, but HR has been an absolute dream to work with. I am really excited to start this summer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the contract/package. I didn't negotiate, but it seemed like a pretty firm offer.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in June 2008.

Interview

I have been asked questions to expand on my experiences I described in the online application form such as:

Tell me about a situation where you succeeded at bringing people with differing opinions together and achieved consensus

Can you tell me an experience of yours where you believe you showed leadership skills

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me which brand's marketing strategy you like the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what your see yourself as weakness   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online the next step of the procedure is the digital interview. You have 3 attempts to record your answer and thia makes the peocedure quite easy. All the questions are situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you had to deal with a difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rueil-Malmaison (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Rueil-Malmaison (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

D'abord entretien RH (par téléphone) pour valider l'adéquation du candidats avec le svaleurs d'Unilver + connaissances du groupe et des marques et ensuite entretien manager classique qui teste davantage les expériences professionnelles.

Interview Questions

• Selon vous, quelles sont les tendances du marché pour tel ou tel produit/telle ou telle catégorie ? (mon exemple la glace)   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Applied online, passed online games, had video interview and received feedback but no insights as to whether or not I had moved on. Still not sure if I moved on even after reaching out to recruiters. Whole process seemed very impersonal and robotic. Not a fan.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically, It was a unformal interview. The interviwer was the Axe brand manager and he was a very cool guy. It wasn't a tipical interview with the tipical question. Indeed, it was a nice conversation about myself and my expectation. Although, I was subject to question about the product that I would be working on, real problems that they were having at that time. He also "played" with my, asking me some numerical reasoning questions, which I was not expected and thus, it didn't go very well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What does this company has different from the others ?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to promote the new Axe product category?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Based on prior experience and results delivered there. Also was quizzed on what I want to do in the future. It happened in a cafe so that was a relief.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Great and informative but took about 2 months