Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unilever Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.2

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Very simple interview process. Applied through a recruiter and got an interview call the next day. Got the job in 2 days. Basic STAR type questions with the Marketing Director and VP. No negotiation on the salary but it was a fair salary anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever? Why Marketing? Key marketing positioning questions on their brands   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

It was quite easy as they primarily check your enthusiasm and your people skills. There is no such analytical or mathematical tests. Your prior work experience matters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You cannot really negotiate as each position level has a salary bracket that needs to start from 80% for a new joiner, unless you are a special talent and I was not in that case.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2008.

Interview

Unilever in a large company so the interview process is slow. Once you apply online an outsourced HR company (not part of Unilever) call you for a phone interview. If you pass that the next step is meeting one on one with your hiring manager.

The questions are typical brand managment questions: make sure you reasearched the brand you are interviewing for, P&L, typical consumer for the brand etc.

Interview Questions

• Who is the typical consumer for the particular brand you are interviewing for. They go into detail about their brands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

i was recruited from Business School. Screened on campus then full day of on- site interviews

Interview Questions

• packaged goods marketing and why Unilever?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary based on other offers

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Great and informative but took about 2 months

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Based on prior experience and results delivered there. Also was quizzed on what I want to do in the future. It happened in a cafe so that was a relief.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically, It was a unformal interview. The interviwer was the Axe brand manager and he was a very cool guy. It wasn't a tipical interview with the tipical question. Indeed, it was a nice conversation about myself and my expectation. Although, I was subject to question about the product that I would be working on, real problems that they were having at that time. He also "played" with my, asking me some numerical reasoning questions, which I was not expected and thus, it didn't go very well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What does this company has different from the others ?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to promote the new Axe product category?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Applied online, passed online games, had video interview and received feedback but no insights as to whether or not I had moved on. Still not sure if I moved on even after reaching out to recruiters. Whole process seemed very impersonal and robotic. Not a fan.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rueil-Malmaison (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Rueil-Malmaison (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

D'abord entretien RH (par téléphone) pour valider l'adéquation du candidats avec le svaleurs d'Unilver + connaissances du groupe et des marques et ensuite entretien manager classique qui teste davantage les expériences professionnelles.

Interview Questions

• Selon vous, quelles sont les tendances du marché pour tel ou tel produit/telle ou telle catégorie ? (mon exemple la glace)   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in June 2008.

Interview

I have been asked questions to expand on my experiences I described in the online application form such as:

Tell me about a situation where you succeeded at bringing people with differing opinions together and achieved consensus

Can you tell me an experience of yours where you believe you showed leadership skills

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me which brand's marketing strategy you like the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what your see yourself as weakness   Answer Question