Unilever Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever in September 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews with 3 different people in upper management or the chain of command on your team. When someone asks you to tell them about yourself, you’ve been given a golden opportunity to communicate your well-rehearsed personal brand positioning statement. Keep it short (2-3 sentences), make it memorable, and generate chemistry. Give them a feel for what you're like to work with, and how well you'll fit their company culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unilever in April 2013.

Interview

3 1-hr interviews with Brand Directors, they asked fairly standard questions to assess my business acumen, comfort with data, organizational skills. etc. There were no case questions that I recall.

Interview Questions

• What is a brand you admire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their HR people, scheduling an interview together with her phone number. On the day and time of the interview, I called the number, which went to voicemail. I left a message and called a couple of other times with no answer. I sent her an email with the request to reschedule with no response. A few days later, I received an anutomated message saying I was not selected for the position.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in February 2015.

Interview

i had two interviews in total (one with HR and one with my future line manager) which were very easy if you already have previous experiences in the FMCG industry. my line manager asked me to provide a reference from my past employers with which he had a phone call before he decided to hire me.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you?
      how would you describe Unilever to a friend who doesn't know the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

You either are interviewed once by more than 2 people or you're interviewed 4 times, with senior people that are going to work with you. It was By skype and it took quite a while

Interview Questions

• A time when you have succeeded in a project, a time when you had a conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute interview with the recruiter who set up me for a super day of interviews. A day before Super Day, I had a call with HR via Skype and although I thought it went great, she told the recruiter I was not "familiar" enough with the role. Day of Super Day, the recruiter was sick and so the scheduling of rooms/interviews was completely off. I ended up waiting 45 minutes in a room waiting for someone to come interview me and as a result stayed 45 minutes past the original end time. The interviews were easy but I think they had in mind who they wanted to hire from the start. The questions that were asked were barely relevant to the role. They promptly told us a day later how we did and if they wanted to offer us the job. Unfortunately, the recruiter thought it was smart to send a mass email to everyone from Super Day to setup a 15 minute call. Sorry, but it doesn't take 15 minutes to tell someone you do not want to continue with them. All that did was get everyone's hopes up. Fast process, but I rather take a slow process with great communication and organization.

Interview Questions

• Best/worse marketing campaign
      How many buns do you think McDonald's sells on a day - what process would you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very rigorous super day that included a dinner and overnight stay in Weehawken. 4 30min interviews and a group activity. everyone was friendly however and it was a positive experience, albeit a long one

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

Interview

Internal hire so had a quick 30 min interview with the Brand Manager. They like to hear about what moves you, what your purpose is. I had already worked in the category so was very familiar with what they were looking for. This was probably not a typical interview as they also needed someone urgently.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? what makes you good for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2013.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and case questions and includes asking you to give multiple examples. Be prepared to explain why you want to go into the CPG industry, why Unilever, and also give examples of your favorite Unilever brand and good brands and bad brands.

Interview Questions

• To give 10 examples of something and then right after give 10 more.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

HR Screen, Phone interview with hiring manager and in person interview with four sr. managers across various business units. Very situational based questions.... tell me about a time. They also asked questions about the total company portfolio, which was challenging to prepare against a wide array of brands

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more on the base salary.