Unilever Associate Finance Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed a few months back and our group of candidates were promised by the HR rep that we'd receive timely updates regarding the whole process. Two months went by and I received an email that I am still being considered. Another 3 months went by and still nothing. A generic rejection email or follow up would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Unilever website. A recruiter set up a phone interview within two days, the following week I had a skype interview and two weeks later I had 3 in person interviews @ the Englewood Cliffs, NJ location. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated salary and vacation time

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2011.

Interview

interview Super Day consisting of four different interviewers rotating through the interview room. All interviewers were managers or directors. The interview also consisted of a group case study which determines how well you interact with the others in your Super Day group. This is to evaluate your ability to work well in teams as well as your influencing skills.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very qualitative. "Tell me about a time when".   Answer Question

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

totally chaotic. HR people had little idea of the job description I was interviewing for (turned out to be different from what they told me). I was interviewed for 3 different positions and they got 2 wrong, in 1 they sent me toa live interview with the wrong manager. luckily that person was perfectly aware of HR performance.
    after HR screening there are 2 live interviews: one with line manager and one with one level above.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by all day interviews in Englewood cliffs. The phone interview was after I applied through my university's job board. I interviewed w two alums from my school, so that helped establish a cordial atmosphere. The questions were not difficult, mostly personality type.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not technical at all. Very few finance-y questions. Most of the questions were about teamwork--they really want to gauge how well you work w others.   Answer Question

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Typical behavior questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing really You can probably find sample questions online to practice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Started with recruiter phone interview. Next step was another phone interview with a Finance Manager and last stage was a half day interview day with 11 or 12 other candidates where each candidate had about 1/2 hour with 3 existing employees (1 is HR interview). They call back a week later to let you know

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were behavioral. (Strength/weakness, greatest accomplishment, etc.) Interview itself is not hard but there is a lot of competition for only a few spots.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

Very formal process with scripted questions. Two rounds of interviews with the second round having case-like questions.

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Phone interview, then a Superday where you meet with 3 managers/directors in your group and 1 HR manager.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

I joined through their MBA recruiting process. As a non-core applicant, my first interview was a 30-minute phone interview. From there, I was invited to the office for a "Superday" with ~20 other MBA student applicants. The "Superday" process involved a recruiting dinner the night before, a group case study (~6 people) that included a group presentation at the end, and three 1-on-1 interviews with managers or directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging group member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate MBA student offers. I attempted multiple times to negotiate different terms and was consistently rebutted.