Unilever Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Chain Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First, you send the resume online. After if you are selected they send you some logical and mathemat In the online interview there are different business cases. The first three about how to solve different supply chain issues and the last a long case about Unilever.

Product Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Applied through the campus website that posted an opening. Met with a manager that was dressed very casual and sat in a small room with their phone on top of the table so that they would be able to check it (which they did) while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Background information about myself and why would I be interested in working with Unilever products   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Gary, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone interview screening. The phone interview is simply questions that relate to what your career goals are. Next is the in person interview, where you meet a panel of 6 people that work under management. The team is assembled of supervisors and managers of different departments.They break up in teams of two to ask you questions and scenarios where you must give examples of your past experiences that help you overcome a similar certain situations.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisle, IL).

Interview

I was invited on-site for two rounds of interviews. The first round was with several managers and then the second round was with HR and the R&D Director. It was a comfortable interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. There were no behavioral based interview questions   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

You either are interviewed once by more than 2 people or you're interviewed 4 times, with senior people that are going to work with you. It was By skype and it took quite a while

Interview Questions

• A time when you have succeeded in a project, a time when you had a conflict   Answer Question

Business Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisle, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

After a phone interview with the Team Manager, I then had an additional phone interview with the North American Sales Manager. I was then called in for a live interview where I was asked to prepare a power point presentation. Given a large data set, provide category insights and opportunities for growth. It was a panel style interview where I presented my category sales presentation then answered multiple questions by managers from different functions throughout the organization.

Interview Questions

• The question that came up a few times was around whether or not I would become bored or frustrated due to the lack of reporting capability that was available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary. This was the 5th promotion with the organization.

Defi Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Hammond, IN).

Interview

The interview took a whole day. All the interview questions were expected, mostly behavioral questions. I interview with different staffs for a duration of about 40-45mins. It was a very great experience plus all the staffs at this particular location were very friendly including HR personnel that I had the first phone conversation with..

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other candidates that applied for the same position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Hammond, IN).

Interview

It was an easy process. The interviewer was very personable.

Material Handler/Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

My interview was Tuesday January 15, 2013 we were told that we would all be contacted at the latest in the beginning of the following week. By the way my friend also had an interview there to and was contacted through email January 17, 2013 and was told she did not get the position. I hadn't been contacted so January 23, 2013 I called the man I was prompted to see during the interview couldn't get through to him besides his voicemail. I took the initiative to obtain his email address from my friend who was rejected to follow up on my interview since I hadn't been contacted yet. As of today January 25, 2013 I received an email saying thanks for coming to interview at the Chicago, IL Kilbourn location but they decided to offer the opportunities to other candidates and goodluck with my job search. Iwas totally pissed, not for the act that I didn't get the job but for the fact that if I hadn't contacted him through various means the management at unilever wouldn't have bothered to contact me and let me know my status regarding the position. Candidates spent 3 hours of their time waiting around to be interviewed which could've been completed in 1 hr time but the unilever management didn't have the courtesy and respect to follow through or their statements and contact the candidates regarding the job opportunity. It was a waste of time and they didn't give anyone feedback on their interview as stated. Basically if they feel they are going to choose other candidates for the position they could care less whether you're informed of your status.

Interview Questions

• The interview wasn't difficult the process was just tedious. The interview took 3 hours and it only took 30 minutes (alotted time for skills test) for testing and 30 minutes for the two interviews. Basically we just sat there until they decided to call us and it was only 7 of us.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisle, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Very bizarre interview. After a phone interview with HR and in person with the hiring manager, I was asked to complete a case study within 12 hours (I was called at home at 7AM with this request) so there would be something to discuss at the next panel interview. The case study was one page and had several errors in it. The HR assistant who sent it over was unable to answer any questions about it and didn't know how to get corrections to the things that were clearly in err.

The panel was with an HR director and hiring manager who were half hour late and seemed very lethargic. They asked for a presentation of the case study and then asked very few questions about it, instead going back to the generic questions answered at the first interview.

The hiring manager described the role as very tactical with all strategic work handled from corporate headquarters in Europe. She did not seem very excited about the job (or hers) though she was very nice.

While I was not offered the position, I would have declined it if I did. Seemed like a very low energy, complacent work environment with not much going on.