Unilever Interview Questions in Englewood Cliffs, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Commodity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

They emailed me 2 weeks after application for phone interview with HR. After that if I passed I would be interview via Skype with managers specific to the department and Job

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

My First Telephonic interview happened sometime in May 2016 after 2 months I got a mail from recruiter saying they want in person interview with 3 different persons for 3 hrs. Interview went very well, answered all the questions & scenarios.
    After a week recruiter called and say they are looking for some other person. Asked for specific reason, they are not able to tell me, recruiter told me that they liked my profile, experience the way handled the problems, compensation is also not a reason, not sure why they rejected me

Interview Questions

• Asked about the most difficult part handled, have you simplify the process   Answer Question

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Unilever website. A recruiter set up a phone interview within two days, the following week I had a skype interview and two weeks later I had 3 in person interviews @ the Englewood Cliffs, NJ location. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated salary and vacation time

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Basically you will have 2 interviews. One with the HR rep and the other with the IT director. There wasn't any technical questions asked by either one. They were very friendly and made the interview seem like it was going to be great which it was. The HR rep asked three behavioral questions and then scheduled me for an interview with the IT director a day later and then the It director made things easier as well because he asked more behavioral questions and situation questions as well as about my credentials. This company is all about competency not about what you already know. They will tell you again and again that knowing technical stuff with help you with the job but they won't require you. All of the interviewing was done over Skype. Now I am stil finding out whether or not I will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your last experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview scheduling was decent, although I was not given clear directions to the location where I was supposed to meet with the hiring manager. It was a very large campus, so I ended up having to call the recruiter just before my interview to ask for specific directions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Super Day interview with at least 6 other folks
    People who will be interviewing you may no necessarily be hiring managers
    First round is with HR
    Next round is with Sr. Manager or Director

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the value of company Unilever is about to acquire?   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer -- Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Unilever got my name through Enactus, a social entrepreneurship organization that I am a part of and Unilever is a big sponsor for. They asked for an initial Skype interview and a week later I found out that I advanced to the next (final) round. That was Super Day, a competitive interviewing day at headquarters, in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. They flew me out there and the first day was a dinner and casual conversation with Unilever directors and leaders in the program currently. The next day was a group activity and 3 back to back interviews, with the last one being a case study question. The two earlier interviews were behavioral based. It was a high caliber group of people they brought in, about 25 of us, but they had no quota of spots to fill -- they could extend as many offers as they wanted.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was the case study. I was not a supply chain or engineering major (the rest of the group was), and so I wasn't used to thinking like that. The case was essentially a situation where your company wasn't able to meet demand and you weren't given enough information. You had to just ask probing questions to your interviewer to figure out what had happened and then suggest what you would do to improve processes.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Received phone call from recruiter. Went to Unilever and met with 2 department managers and later with department head. Normal "what would you do" questions. Very positive experience. Everyone was friendly and smiling. Job pays very low ($12 hr) but the perks look good and there looks like room for advancement after 1 year. There is a background check and drug test. Atmosphere was laid back but busy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available Salary is $12 per hour and you have to stay in same position for 1 full year before you can apply for any other job in the company

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

It was straight-forward, interview with a group of individuals across different levels in the organization including same level employees, managers, a director. Total interview length was 3 hrs and happened on-site.

Interview Questions

• Typical SItuational Questions and walking through resume   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website and a recruiter contacted me the very next day. She asked me to submit a detailed resume and she said we would move from there. Two days after I sent it she got back to me and scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 mins, and it was very relaxed. Asked me to walk her through my work experience, confirmed a few details about my academic background and asked a few general questions like "why Unilever", "strengths and weaknesses" or "expected salary". All in all very friendly and trying to make it pleasant.

Interview Questions

• None of them was really hard. As long as you get ready to face an interview, I think it's difficult that you get any bad surprise at this stage. Probably the next steps are harder.   Answer Question