Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017
1,054 Interview Reviews

3.2

UCMDS Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Detailed application form, milk round interview with 2 young managers on campus, 2 day selection board at a central London location with a mixture of 121, paired and panel interviews. Of the 8 people on the board, either all or none could pass the selection board followed by destination operating company interview. NB this was a long time before the choice of date on the app!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Unilever (Istanbul (Turkey)) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview was with HR and then i had full day interview with board of members.
    During the full day interview, they gave us case studies about finance, marketing and manufacturing. We answered all within a debate or individually.

Interview Questions

• According to manufacturing weekly schedule that you have read, how can you manage production of X product?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

30 minute telephone interview, very long, difficult,mechanical. very intense, didnt inspire much. had to apply online , answer questions, submit cover letter and cv etc, was infvited for a telephone interview. Next stage was an assesment cente but i didnt get that far, which involves presentations, IQ tests , group presentations, a case study and interviews. Didnt enjoy the process, was very time consuming and dissapointing

Interview Questions

• Leadership competencies, knowledge of Unilever, Industry challenges, why marketing/FMCG   Answer Question

R&D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Intense with a few hurdles to overcome but very fair and relaxed. Usually an online application, telephone interview and either a face to face interview or an assessment center with up to six other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions, i.e. Give an example when...   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2016.

Interview

Three days after i sent the resume i had an e-mail reply with a numerical test link. After i did the numerical test a respond was sent to me that i passed the numerical assessment and i needed to do a recorded online interview. The last part is the personal interview which i guess i won't be eligible to since 2 weeks passed and had no response whatsoever

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the future developments unilever is planning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Hamburg (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very hard one which I have ever experienced. I have received very good evaluations (competent) on 5 factors out of 7 and 2 were 'acceptable' or 'needed to make better'. After two weeks after I sent my video interview file, I got declined in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in case you encounter a situation if you are designated as a manager of a detergent factory   Answer Question
    • What are the innovative cases of last several years in the similar field of Unilever products   Answer Question
    • What is your decision and what are the factors which you got to think in that way, when you make a decision for product sales(deodorant) and factory management   Answer Question

Customer Development Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in December 2016.

Interview

I have applied online then got a phone interview.This one was the hardest interview I've had so far! The lady seemed nice but the interview is more of a test than interview. Nothing was asked about me, they only want to know why they are "the best". As most people mentioned before, interviewers really do try to pull out more of your answer and it is quite frustrating. Felt if I was talking to myself due to the interviewer taking notes only. I was not asked if I got any questions in the end. Was supposed to be 30min but lasted only 20. Overall, not pleasant experience! Kind of glad I did not get through.

Interview Questions

• What makes Unilever different from their competitors
      What do you know about your function (job role)
      Why your function is essential to Unilever
      Why you want to work in your function
      How does your function affect the business
      Tell me a situation where you have been innovative and made the rest of the group agree with your idea
      A time when you have been a leader   Answer Question

Packaging Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Independence, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

You spend all this time applying and then the next business day they send you an email saying they chose someone who was more qualified. Even though it's an entry level position. Unprofessional and pathetic, would not recommend a company that doesn't give people a chance to go somewhere in life.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2016.

Interview

1. Online sollicitatie
    Vul het online sollicitatieformulier in en maak eventueel gebruik van de gegevens van jouw LinkedIn profiel. Je kan maar voor één functie solliciteren, dus maak een beslissing voordat je aan het sollicitatieproces begint.

2. Profile assessment door gamification
    Voltooi het ‘ profile assessment’, wat bestaat uit 12 korte online games die verschillende elementen van cognitieve, emotionele en sociale eigenschappen onderzoeken. Na elke game zal er gepersonaliseerde feedback worden gegeven.

3. Digital on-demand interview
    In het digital interview word je gevraagd om real-life problemen op te lossen, waar Unilever op dagelijkse basis mee te maken heeft. Het interview is in het Engels en zal bestaan uit drie korte hypothetische vragen, gevolgd door een business case. Je kunt jouw antwoorden op de van te voren opgenomen vragen via de webcam beantwoorden. Met een goede en stabiele internetconnectie is het mogelijk om waar en wanneer je maar wilt en op een tijd die jou uitkomt jouw interview te voltooien.

Wanneer jij de eerste drie rondes succesvol hebt afgerond, word jij door ons gebeld voor een ‘taal check-in’.

4. Discovery centre
    In het laatste stadium, zal je uitgenodigd worden om voor ons Discovery Centre assessment een dag door te brengen op een Unilever kantoor. Het Discovery Centre is een volledige dag van onderdompeling in Unilever waarin je aan een aantal spannende activiteiten en projecten gebaseerd op een echte case study zal werken.

Interview Questions

• Cases kunnen bijvoorbeeld zijn:

een korte meeting met het senior management waarin je jouw visie op de case deelt
      een team meeting met ‘collega’s’
      een op een interview met jouw ‘lijnmanager’
      De dag is gebaseerd op een echte ‘dag uit het leven’ van een Unilever Future Leader en geeft je inzicht hoe het is om bij ons te werken. Gedurende het selectieproces zal je gepersonaliseerde feedback ontvangen, wat je weer mee kan nemen en waar je aan kan werken in de toekomst.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

There was an online test, phone interview and then an assessment Centre, which consisted of the following: one on one interview, individual case study and presentation, and a group discussion.
    Heard that it has changed to become a series of games, a video interview and then the assessment Centre. Seems a whole lot harder now!