Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Worked on case studies in groups (~1.5 hours total) then a 1:1 interview (~30min).They also give you a tour of the office while you wait for your interview.The staff is very encouraging and makes the whole process enjoyable. The staff and the office are awesome, can't wait to work there!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY).

Interview

games, video interview, site interview - These are the three main components to the application process for an internship at unilever. Each step is focused mainly on the behavioral aspects. Understand unilever's vision and mission statement

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Online games. (Logic/reasoning)
    2. Recorded interview. (4 supply chain hypothetical situations and your solution)
    3. Face to face interviews and group case study at HQ. (You and a partner work together to solve a business issue. After that you and a larger group have an hour to prepare a presentation on a case study. Finally is the one on one interview that is pretty standard)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What is your leadership style?
      How did you hear about Unilever?
      What do you know about us?
      How do you stay organized?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Because this was for a co-op there was no negotiation on salary/location.

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a good phone interview and then was invited to Superday the week after. There was a case study we had to work on and then followed with individual presentations and two interviews. I thought the overall process went well and was informed we would be notified of the decision within a week. I followed up two weeks later after the interview and sent emails to three people that worked with me through the process and no one ever responded about my decision. A response regarding any final decision made by the company would be greatly appreciated but found it completely unprofessional without any response or follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual/ comfortable environment, great way to evaluate candidates' character in my opinion. This was the final stage of their new 4-stage process that begins online and finishes at HQ. Definitely a focus on teamwork and how you work in a group as the "interview" is a daylong process where you spend the entire day with the other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate your performance in the group activity from earlier.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2016.

Interview

Had to fill out an application. They took like a day or 2 to tell me I have moved on to the next round. Skills Test. There was around 10 exercises I think which we had to do. Got mail the same day as soon as I finished that. Video recorded interview was next. Need to be prepared for this.

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Shelton, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I was selected to interview for the position from a pool of previous interns. I was told that in order to be selected to interview after an internship, you must 1) Receive a positive final review and 2) be recommended for the program by your manager.

After selection, applicants were flown to Supply Chain Headquarters in Shelton, CT for what is termed "SuperDay." This is only done for applicants to the Supply Chain function.
    SuperDay consists of three activities.
    1) Business Simulation
    In this step, the 15 applicants present were divided into 5 groups of 3. Each group represented a function of the supply chain, such as Manufacturing or Deployment. The simulation consisted of 5 rounds in which the supply chain was prompted with customer orders. Each function would turn a page each round that would sometimes notify the chain of disruptions. During the entire process, a high-level manager was assigned to each applicant to monitor their conduct throughout the simulation.

2) Two Interviews
    Two back-to-back, standard behavioral-based interviews.

3) Case Study
    The applicant is situated in a room with an interviewer and given one sheet of paper that presents a problem. The applicant must propose a solution to the problem within 30 minutes. To solve the problem, the applicant must ask the right questions of the interviewer to obtain additional information. The applicant is graded on the feasibility of their solution and the logic of the process they use to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you did not seek employment at a previous coop employer.   1 Answer

Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone interview and was very engaging as the interviewer was nice and receptive. The interview was not difficult and the interviewer was actually trying to just get to know more about is written on the CV

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

after having the online game, I continue to the online video interview. it used an application so I can do it whenever and wherever I want. but it has to be quiet and the internet access must be good.

Interview Questions

• it contains 4 case question that represents about the role that I applied for.   2 Answers

Super Day Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I interviewed during an organised "Super Day". I was invited to their Shelton facility and participated in four separate interviews with two interviewers per interview. They then showed us around the facilities. I was not able to accept as I had accepted another offer by that time.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions regarding their Standards of Leadership   Answer Question