Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
1,199 Interview Reviews

3.2

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Bedford, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was not really an interview, but rather an assessment. The whole process lasted 4 hours with several tasks to complete:
    The first was a technical interview (called SOL interview) with two interviewer. It lasted for one hour. The next interview was about the leadership vision given by Unilever in advance. Personal examples had to be given for the applications of the required leadership skills.
    This was followed by a case study. This study was given on a paper with one hour preparation time in order to complete a presentation.
    An overview of the case study will be given below:
    A company produces ham from Turkey with bread crust. The crust is fried and then added to the ham. Both is then cooked in an oven before frozen. The product should be cooked before consumed; however, it should be safe to eat without cooking. Other competitors do not include the cooking step. How is it possible to reduce the cooking time and temperature in the oven without decreasing consumer safety.
    Tasks: Which is the main hazard in the product?
    How would you perform a risk assessment and which advice would you give to the company? Which data is required for a quantitative risk assessment?

Interview Questions

• Which bacterial species can be in food and home care products?   Answer Question
    • Name the routes of contamination by food and home care products.   Answer Question
    • How can you mitigate contamination by these products?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, submitted my CV and cover letter. Then I received an email to proceed to level 2 which is completing the profile assessment. It took around 45 minutes to complete. After completing the assessment, I was asked to do the digital interview via HireVue. This consisted of 4 questions - 3 short questions and 1 long business case study question. The whole process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What and how will you manage the important presentation which will be in few days, but one of your team member suddenly leaves for a holiday?   Answer Question
    • Which marketing method would you recommend and why? (It was a business case study showing financial tables of two different methods)   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Interview

it was short met with manager, with the vice president in charge of finance and following that with HR who then sent me a copy of the contract for me to review and sign and send to them via email. This was a short process which did not take too long

Future Leaders Program Interview

Interview

I applied online, the process is efficient and the games you need to play are interesting and don't take too long. You get feedback on your performance immediately, but it takes very long to hear back about whether you got into the next round or not.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

First was an aptitude test next was a video interview. video interview consists of 3 case based questions. First one was about a new washing detergent product and how you would market it. Next was that there was a new warning label and how would you approach it.

UFLP Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Unilever in December 2017.

Interview

Got to the three stage of video interview. Was unfamiliar with the interview app and didn't really performed well for the first question. Received detailed feedback on my performance which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• 3 Situational questions (eg. What will you do as a supply chain manager in different situations?) and 1 business case question.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

View the position on the Unilever Careers Facebook page. Sent my CV by e-mail and was invited to do an online exam consisting mostly on math and logical.
    After passing the exam, I was invited to an on-site assessment in one of their food plants on my city.
    The assessment consisted only on one business case supervised by three people. The people of Unilever seemed restless and anxious. They payed little attention to the process we took part in order to resolve our business case and gave little feedback on our presentation at the end.
    Finally, the person of HR told us that usually business cases were larger and more exhausting, that this one in particular was easier and shorter and she didn't know why.

There was no interview and very little interaction.

Considering past experiences with other companies, the people from HR were very helpful and answered all e-mails super fast, but the people on the on-site assessment were poorly chosen and showed little interest.

Interview Questions

• Given a 40K USD budget, indicate how would you spend it on a digital MKT Plan.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

Submission of long form, resume, and CV. Made it through to the second round of video interviews where you are asked questions and were to make 5 minute long videos in response of the questions, followed by a case study that required a marketing solution.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle communication with senior management in a project that you are in charge of?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 3 stages before the assessment centre. The cover letter, games and phone call. Make sure you prepare in depth with regards to the standards of leadership. They will ask you about all 5 of them and you must give examples.

Interview Questions

• When have you shown leadership?   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Kingston, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Two skype interviews one face to face meeting. Took a whole month to do, had to constantly chase for 2.5 weeks for an update. Awful customer service from the recruitment team in London.

Also only one interviewer per interview which makes Unilever very open to candidates making an unfair recruitment claim against them.