Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,022 Interview Reviews

3.1

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Basically you will have 2 interviews. One with the HR rep and the other with the IT director. There wasn't any technical questions asked by either one. They were very friendly and made the interview seem like it was going to be great which it was. The HR rep asked three behavioral questions and then scheduled me for an interview with the IT director a day later and then the It director made things easier as well because he asked more behavioral questions and situation questions as well as about my credentials. This company is all about competency not about what you already know. They will tell you again and again that knowing technical stuff with help you with the job but they won't require you. All of the interviewing was done over Skype. Now I am stil finding out whether or not I will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your last experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Food Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process was about solutions of products that the company makes what and how can a company make an effective product without cost cutting and what are some examples of a product that have shown to be done effectively and aren't made cheaply. what does unilever products show about the company . the prducts show the vast diversity and type of quality and how much unilever cares about nature and in helping feed those who who are hungry and don't make enough money or are homeless

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview scheduling was decent, although I was not given clear directions to the location where I was supposed to meet with the hiring manager. It was a very large campus, so I ended up having to call the recruiter just before my interview to ask for specific directions.

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Poor interviewing experience. Had a phone screen with the recruiter and 3 1-hour phone interviews with 2 different hiring managers hiring manager and never heard a word back. Followed up with the recruiter a month after the last interview as I had not heard anything and then received the system generated thanks but no thanks email.

Gilt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview; asked Why do you want to work for Gilt? why this position? Why are you leaving your current job? what are your strengths and weaknesses? what was a challenge at work? very basic interview questions. HR person was not engaged

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute interview with the recruiter who set up me for a super day of interviews. A day before Super Day, I had a call with HR via Skype and although I thought it went great, she told the recruiter I was not "familiar" enough with the role. Day of Super Day, the recruiter was sick and so the scheduling of rooms/interviews was completely off. I ended up waiting 45 minutes in a room waiting for someone to come interview me and as a result stayed 45 minutes past the original end time. The interviews were easy but I think they had in mind who they wanted to hire from the start. The questions that were asked were barely relevant to the role. They promptly told us a day later how we did and if they wanted to offer us the job. Unfortunately, the recruiter thought it was smart to send a mass email to everyone from Super Day to setup a 15 minute call. Sorry, but it doesn't take 15 minutes to tell someone you do not want to continue with them. All that did was get everyone's hopes up. Fast process, but I rather take a slow process with great communication and organization.

Interview Questions

• Best/worse marketing campaign
      How many buns do you think McDonald's sells on a day - what process would you
      Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisle, IL).

Interview

I was invited on-site for two rounds of interviews. The first round was with several managers and then the second round was with HR and the R&D Director. It was a comfortable interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. There were no behavioral based interview questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Shelton, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

First talked to Unilever in formal recruiting at a University information session. Was invited to interview about three weeks after in their Shelton, CT plant for a supply chain position. There was a tour of the office followed by four group interviews with managers in different functions (breaks in between)

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Telephone, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application form with a few competency based questions -
    What attracted you to apply for the Unilever Placement Programme?*
    - What attracted you to your chosen business area within Unilever?
    - What actions have you taken to find out about Unilever and your chosen business area?
    - What appeals to you most about working for Unilever? (core values/principles, employment sector, suited to long term career ambitions etc).
    - Please indicate why you think Unilever should employ you.

pretty straight forward, got through to a telephone interview which was shorter than the 30 mins predicted.
    Not much about Unilever, competency based - they give you 5 main competencies, give examples of each of these
    - also why the role

Interview Questions

• What differentiates us from Competitors?
      What makes a good leader?
      How does marketing fit into the whole operation and why is it so important in business?
      Answer Question

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Century, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (New Century, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Contacted through a contractor who set up the interview. Arrived on time but ended up having to wait for them to let me in. The setting was casual and the interviewers only asked a hand-full of questions. I was basically given the job with very little push from them as long as I passed the background check.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had an issue that involved multiple people in the work place to resolve?   2 Answers