Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,179 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Online games, in person group interview, and individual interview. Group interview was a case study where all students applying worked together to solve a problem Unilever faces. Also there was a interview with two candidates.

UFLP Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a day long process with 2 activities and 2 one on one interviews. It was almost entirely behavioral based. One activity was on your own and the second was a 3 person team business case with a presentation.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viladecáns (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Viladecáns (Spain)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was composed of two interviews the first one was online it was 40 minutes long and the questions were asked by videos hence you had until 3 opportunities to think about your answer, the second part was with the manager of the department

Management Trainee Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Questionnaire, games, video-interview, phone interview, assessment center
    First 3 parts are on-line
    Games are based on your reaction and some psychologic features
    Video interview takes around 40 minutes and have several basic situational questions and one case study

Interview Questions

• If one of you team member constantly performs bad, what would you do as a manager?   Answer Question

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through the website and was directed to complete 12 short games. The games give you a score that automatically determines whether you have been successful or not. You should receive a response around a minute after finishing the games. I guess they are trying to determine whether you are a good match for the company, depending on your work style, speed, attention to detail, etc.

There is a big chance for the games to be considered unfair by many since no one really understands what they are looking for exactly. After each game, you receive feedback that is always positive in some way, which could be misleading.

Having a large pool of candidates, I won't be surprised if Unilever tries to select top 5-10% with the games, although running the risk to lose applicants due to false negatives.

Overall, a pleasant and quick experience that might leave you puzzled about their processes. However, they are mainly looking for potential/talent and no one even sees your CV or hears about your experience until stage 4 of the process. If you have experience and want to be taken seriously for that - apply somewhere else.

The overall process is definitely difficult!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2017.

Interview

It took just a few days, they contacted me via email and we arranged an interview via skype. The interview was really simple, they asked me general questions. They explained me the position and I got the job but when I arrived the position was another completely different.

UFLP Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Filled out a standard application form with personal details and uploaded CV. Soon after I was emailed a link to play 12 online games, you have a week to complete the games. You cannot prepare for the games. The games were fun but didn't really make any sense/wasn't clear what they were testing. I don't understand why testing how fast I can hit the spacebar is a measure of how capable I am for the grad scheme. The games took about half an hour in total and I was given personalized feedback on my performance. I perceived the feedback to be very positive (they base it on personality traits) i.e I was attention focused, quick thinker etc. About 10 min later got an email from unilever saying I did not get the required score to progress to the video interview. No mention of what was a good score/what they were looking for. It was all very ambiguous. Very disappointed that my ability was assessed via some stupid games rather than my CV.

Interview Questions

• picking cards, pressing the space bar as fast as you can, dividing money fairly etc   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Well structured and to the point. No unnecessary questions on what are your weakness or where do you see yourself in 5 years. The interviewers focused on my area of interest and described the job role in minute details.

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly brief. Initial application form, followed by numerical and psychometric testing. I was then invited for phone interview. The interview is outsourced so no connection with the interviewee, they sounded very uninterested which was very off-putting.
    They asked lots about their values (i.e. bias for action, adding value). Many of the questions I didn't quite understand and must have given very wrong answers for. Make sure you read the information they give you regarding the phone interview very thoroughly!

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever in February 2017.

Interview

First I had to pass a quantitative test. After that, the process had a digital interview.
    This was followed by a business case sent by HR.
    The final step was an in-person interview by the hiring manager.