Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,044 Interview Reviews

3.2

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Shelton, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

First talked to Unilever in formal recruiting at a University information session. Was invited to interview about three weeks after in their Shelton, CT plant for a supply chain position. There was a tour of the office followed by four group interviews with managers in different functions (breaks in between)

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Telephone, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application form with a few competency based questions -
    What attracted you to apply for the Unilever Placement Programme?*
    - What attracted you to your chosen business area within Unilever?
    - What actions have you taken to find out about Unilever and your chosen business area?
    - What appeals to you most about working for Unilever? (core values/principles, employment sector, suited to long term career ambitions etc).
    - Please indicate why you think Unilever should employ you.

pretty straight forward, got through to a telephone interview which was shorter than the 30 mins predicted.
    Not much about Unilever, competency based - they give you 5 main competencies, give examples of each of these
    - also why the role

Interview Questions

• What differentiates us from Competitors?
      What makes a good leader?
      How does marketing fit into the whole operation and why is it so important in business?   Answer Question

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Century, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (New Century, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Contacted through a contractor who set up the interview. Arrived on time but ended up having to wait for them to let me in. The setting was casual and the interviewers only asked a hand-full of questions. I was basically given the job with very little push from them as long as I passed the background check.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had an issue that involved multiple people in the work place to resolve?   2 Answers

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever in November 2015.

Interview

Very dissapoitning experience. I had a phone screen with a very nice lady which went well. Then they asked me to come in for an in person interview. The interview was scheduled and confirmed and then about 30 minutes before they called to cancel it. They asked to swith it to a phone interview. However, I was already at the interview location so I had to race back home to make the time they scheduled the phone interview. Then the lady who called me at the scheduled time was incredibly rude blaming her coworkers, saying an in person interview was never supposed to be scheduled. She was not apologetic and had a very poor attitude. Overall, it was a very discouraging experience for a job seeker. Questions she was asking were not even related to anything the job entailed- I am not sure if she was aware of the position she was calling me about.

Interview Questions

• What does Unilever not currently use as a marketing tool that you feel they should?   1 Answer

Logistics Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unilever in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very awful. The person just asked question and you hear that she is typing at the same time. between question was a lot gap because she was still typing. there wasn't conversation. I felt I was interview by the police. Some of the question were behavior type question.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with 2 people. They asked a lot about what you know about Unilever and why you want to work in consumer products. Started pretty general and then got more technical as it went on. Very friendly interviewers though and it was not at all stressful. I got a call the next day with an offer. The HR staff was also very friendly and helped clarify questions about the offer letter and so forth.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY).

Interview

Very qualitative and easy. Only 1 round on campus. Found out quickly about my status and was in constant communication. People were extremely friendly and it was an all around great process. 1 interviewer pretty high up

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unilever (Jefferson City, MO).

Interview

You will have two interview and most of the time they will ask you about your resume and if you are familiar with SAP. They will also want to know why you are applying for this job

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Enactus website about a month later received an email to do a phone interview. The recruiter was very last minute with interview slots. During the call the recruiters had technical difficulties and seemed very disinterested, no real engagement. They were very short on responses and if that is any indication of there work culture than I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Very standard walk through work experience. Name a difficult time. Why do you want to work for Unilever. How would you friends describe you (strengths, weaknesses)   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and got a first round interview on campus about three weeks later. The interview consisted of normal behavioral questions, nothing surpassing. I was told I would be notified in the next few days if I would be moving on to a super day and found out within that time that I was not selected for a final round interview.