Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

3.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Questions

• They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
    All interviewers are very friendly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kon Hang (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Kon Hang (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

First Round: Online application plus video submission
    Second Round: Career day which included company background and details about the program. A written test which lasted for 1.5 hours. A Q & A session with the managers.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Nairobi (Kenya)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, did psychometric tests got the results immediately. Two weeks later i was called for a one on one interview which lasted 45 min. The interview was mainly based on competency questions. After another 2 weeks I was called for the assessment center interview. I await to do it. The interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a hard situation you faced and how you handled it   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hà Nội (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Hà Nội (Vietnam)) in April 2016.

Interview

There is a interviewer who will ask you 30-40 questions. When you are answering, he/she will write them down on the paper. Both questions and answer are conducted in English, so you should speak English smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was so nice and even helped me ease my nerves.She asked more about my resume since I was just a fresh graduate. She gave me a tip saying that my potential should be aligned with the goals of the company. She was impressed about my plans in life since they were very clear.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2016.

Interview

The selection process takes several steps, here I would only discuss the process in Assessment Center. First there is Focused Group Discussion where candidates are asked to solve a business case and reach consensus. Then followed by a case presentation, one for the general case and one for the functional case. The two process would lead to shortlisted candidates and only the shortlisted will proceed further for interview with user.

Interview Questions

• General question on strength and weaknesses, followed by personal question such as background and motivation. There is also a question about the understanding of the applied position's daily job.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application - online exams - phone interview - line manager interview - assessment day

I applied online during august, but they waited until deadline before they called us. Deadline was on November 2015, I got called December of the same year. Results of the phone interview came out February 2016 and I never heard back after that.

interview was okay, questions were easy: mostly competency-based questions and situational ones. Always always ALWAYS back your claims up with actual situations. They need not be academic or workplace-based, any will do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation wherein you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in September 2015. It took about two weeks for them to answer. I should say that the whole application process is somehow confusing and there are no clear guidelines. The process was very long, the HR managers are not able to meet deadlines they announce in emails.

The competition is extremely high and HR managers seem very indifferent to interviewees. Unilever does not make those interviews by themselves, they have an outsourcing company and this firm is pretty bad in what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Competence-based questions, explain the time when you made the hardest decision in your life and why   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was applying online and got email to fulfill the online assessment: numerical and online test. I passed them and took the next step of selection: video interview.I was applying online and got email to fulfill the online assessment: numerical and online test. I passed them and took the next step of selection: video interview.I was applying online and got email to fulfill the online assessment: numerical and online test. I passed them and took the next step of selection: video interview.

Interview Questions

• Basics leadership and teamwork. Describe a time when you lead an organizations and need to decide a sudden decision.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. wrote the required essays: what attracted you to unilever. please indicate why unilever should employ you. describe a time when you had to get the support of others. describe an occasion when you had an issue to solve and you needed help. describe a time when you spotted an opportunity and made it happen.
    got call for interview. gave 30 minutes interview to financial planning manager.

Interview Questions

• Q Tell me about yourself. what are you like personally?   Answer Question
    • Q if you had two projects one which was environmentally friendly with 6 million NPV and one with 10mil NPV but created a lot of pollution, which one would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Q which parts of the income statement would you look at to judge the performance of the company. (they also set another trap here saying i think it is sales. you have to convince them otherwise. they test your persuasion skills here)   Answer Question
    • Q is there anything else which is not in your CV that you would like to mention to us   Answer Question