Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.3

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Istanbul (Turkey)) in January 2013.

Interview

1st step: Online selection with answering HR questions such as tell me leadership...
2nd Step: İnterview with the manager of Unilever, they wanted to learn experince, personality and English level.
Last Step: Group interview which including group discussion, presentation, case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation that people have not same idea and you have convinced them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kon Hang (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Kon Hang (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

First Round: Online application plus video submission
    Second Round: Career day which included company background and details about the program. A written test which lasted for 1.5 hours. A Q & A session with the managers.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in September 2012.

Interview

Round 1 - Interview with 3rd Party company
    Round 2 - Interview in a hotel. Full day of interviews. Initially, a case question to be solved as a team. Then, they asked to prepare a presentation for a senior manager, for an extension of the case that was already presented. This portion was individual. The final portion was s one on one interview with a senior manager. Here the manager dug into some of my questions with deep analysis to test my thinking process.
    Round 3 - Board interview with a board of directors and chairman.

Interview Questions

• The question that threw me off was when the Chairman asked me whether I could sing them a song (in the board interview). When I asked "For real?", the reply was "You have listed this in your resume, so obviously yes."   1 Answer
    • If you want to do good, why don't you go into politics?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

I applied on line for their MT programs and then received the first round interview, went to their headquarter in China to do the on site interview. It was1 : 1 with a senior manager of the department I applied for. All were behavorial questions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Bangkok (Thailand)).

Interview

nothing out of ordinary
    try to read everything on their website to thoroughly understand their mission and core value.
    The interviewer sounds like he just read out the question from the list and elaborate a bit base on your answer. He sounds neutral not too friendly or tough, but once I couldn't get his question clearly, it's fine to ask. try to apply your previous experience to match with them. You can try to be the one who lead the interview if you're well-prepared.

Interview Questions

• what is your longterm goal?
      where do you see urself in five years?
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Istanbul (Turkey)) in March 2015.

Interview

you need to first do an online application, then they call you for one to one interview, if you pass it then you get invited for a group interview and if you pass this all day interviews you get an offer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Nairobi (Kenya)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, did psychometric tests got the results immediately. Two weeks later i was called for a one on one interview which lasted 45 min. The interview was mainly based on competency questions. After another 2 weeks I was called for the assessment center interview. I await to do it. The interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a hard situation you faced and how you handled it
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hà Nội (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Hà Nội (Vietnam)) in April 2016.

Interview

There is a interviewer who will ask you 30-40 questions. When you are answering, he/she will write them down on the paper. Both questions and answer are conducted in English, so you should speak English smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application - online exams - phone interview - line manager interview - assessment day

I applied online during august, but they waited until deadline before they called us. Deadline was on November 2015, I got called December of the same year. Results of the phone interview came out February 2016 and I never heard back after that.

interview was okay, questions were easy: mostly competency-based questions and situational ones. Always always ALWAYS back your claims up with actual situations. They need not be academic or workplace-based, any will do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation wherein you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2016.

Interview

The selection process takes several steps, here I would only discuss the process in Assessment Center. First there is Focused Group Discussion where candidates are asked to solve a business case and reach consensus. Then followed by a case presentation, one for the general case and one for the functional case. The two process would lead to shortlisted candidates and only the shortlisted will proceed further for interview with user.

Interview Questions

• General question on strength and weaknesses, followed by personal question such as background and motivation. There is also a question about the understanding of the applied position's daily job.   Answer Question