Unilever Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager

Unilever Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Unilever

Manager Interview

Interview

It was good and lots of fun. Liked the people and the buildings had nice windows and I’m trying to make this 30 words so let’s see. Looks like I need to add some more.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Spoke to the recruiter via the phone then interviewed with the hiring manger via the phone. Went to the offices for in-person interview with the team. Everyone was nice except the two vice presidents I interviewed with. One spent the entire time talking about himself; the other criticized my resume and was defensive when I asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Not sure how you got through the door with this resume. Why should we hire you?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Mumbai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

multiple rounds of interview with senior people on the organization, will ask about your old work experience. The results are not often know immediately and can take several months before they confirm. HUL often interviews to maintain a pipeline

Manager Interview

Interview

Group discussion, and then three rounds of interviews with senior management personnel. Tough questions asked, regarding academics and on ethics. Lot of discussions and sharing of views during the interview process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I Applied on line via their own web site, I then had an interview but so far I have had no feedback at all (it has been well over six months).

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in June 2011.

Interview

First interview a candidate & ask question about general knowledge of his previous & coming role relevant. If he is at par then hire him. One thing which is very important "experience make the man perfect".

Interview Questions

• How you Gage that a customer is satisfied from your work?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a very bad experience overall.

There were 3 rounds, all on weekdays. While I kept requesting the HR that I had meetings, was made to sit for long hours, 4-5 hours sometimes, because the interviewer was busy! All these interviews were planned well in advance with fixed time slots, but this kept on happening. Shows lack of professionalism and coordination in the process.

The questions were quite basic, not in depth in functional or process in anyway, but all the interviewers except one, focused on stress interviews. Probably being IIM alumni, the baggage of taking stress interviews has stayed. Especially in the third round, the IT director, some Suhas, if I remember correctly, came 3 hours late and then sat with folded arms and reflected arrogance throughout. Beyond a point it was amusing and I pitied the culture at the same time.

I realized these old school management and interviewing techniques are still around and companies need to invest in training their interviewers on how to take a proper interview. Also ivy league colleges may give knowledge, but not the wisdom and the maturity, that an interview is a process to have a discussion to bring out the best in a candidate, not to harass him/her.

In the end the HR said, that they can pay me only as much as I was getting paid already and hence indirectly they cannot afford me. Although I was annoyed to have wasted so much time, I was happy that I did not make it. 

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite basic, not in depth in functional or process in anyway, but all the interviewers except one, focused on stress interviews.

The focused on Agile, but they did not know that Agile is just the name of a broad process, there are many Agile methods of development.   Answer Question

Could barely match my current package, did not like the culture from the my experience at the interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

good, HR interview, Manager round, Director Round, Compensation discussion, 1st release of compensation, final release of compensation, Offer letter release, it was good but interview and closure of offer letter takes a long time.. it took almost 5 months for me.

Application

Interview

too much technical, focused on leadership skills, process knowledge, core functional areas, substantiated with scenarios and examples, how is the earlier role relevant to current profile... etc etc. it focused on many attributes, while also considering the fact that whether the candidate can be groomed/suitable for different profile later for job rotation