Unilever Interview Questions in Port Sunlight, England | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Intense with a few hurdles to overcome but very fair and relaxed. Usually an online application, telephone interview and either a face to face interview or an assessment center with up to six other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions, i.e. Give an example when...   Answer Question

R&D Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online on their website. After 1 week I got an email telling me that I had one week to complete the mobile games, which take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Those were followed by a video interview (also to be completed within one week) and the last stage was the assessment centre day at one of their R&D centres in UK (Port Sunlight)

Interview Questions

• The mobile games ere used to assess the main personality traits, while the online interview consisted in answering several business cases in which you have the chance to record yourself 3 times and some time to prepare your answers. The first steps were rather easy, while the assessment day is the most difficult part, in which you are require to work both individualy and in groups.   Answer Question

Formulation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very enjoyable Interview Process. I god a call about 2 weeks after my application and was offered a telephone Interview. Afterwards they invited me for a Personal Interview with a Research panel. I had to give a 10 min presentation of my own choice. We also discussed my CV ad relevant experience. Lastly I was asked a number of technical questions that would be relevant for the job, Very nice people and enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your previous research within this position?   1 Answer

Product Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straight forward, they give you an example of some claims and you give your suggestions how you would solve the issues. They don't tend to give alot of facial expressions throughout so you can't judge how they feel about you, but overall its a typical interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult member of the team   4 Answers
    • What do you know about unilever   1 Answer
    • What do you know about sustainability   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you for this job.   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very structured and well organised interview proceedure, with excellent feedback and analysis. The interview/recruitment process is very well managed at Unilever. I found the whole experience very beneficial, obtaining feedback on development area's and where i could look to improve my capability.

Interview Questions

• Experience / Capability questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers who asked very basic questions relating to experience and achievements. I was showed around the facilities and met key colleagues. It lasted about 1.5 hours. I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions which I found to be very helpful and believe that asking insightful questions will help you stand out from the other candidates.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a HR telephone soft skills interview followed up by a face to face technical interview. The HR interview was a soft skills setup and the face to face was a technical skills interview. Not this could vary from role to role - however, the HR interview is generally common to all roles. It was a painless process and the offer was given about 48 hours later. There is a lengthy form to fill in and lots of leaflets to read - but overall, the whole process was very professional and really smooth.

Interview Questions

• For the soft skills (it may have changed by now) - it was things like "Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation" and "Tell me a time when you had to learn something really quickly to progress a project"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually negotiated me down on my salary but that was OK as I was able to quickly progress up once I was in and proving your worth. If you do well in the company - it will be rewarded.

Junior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Sunlight, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (Port Sunlight, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Wasn't an interview. Former boss sought a university undergraduate for a sandwich placement. I was recommended by my university.

I had an informal chat with former boss, he showed me projects he was currently leading, projects that were in the final stages.