Unilever Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

3.3

248 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

View the position on the Unilever Careers Facebook page. Sent my CV by e-mail and was invited to do an online exam consisting mostly on math and logical.
    After passing the exam, I was invited to an on-site assessment in one of their food plants on my city.
    The assessment consisted only on one business case supervised by three people. The people of Unilever seemed restless and anxious. They payed little attention to the process we took part in order to resolve our business case and gave little feedback on our presentation at the end.
    Finally, the person of HR told us that usually business cases were larger and more exhausting, that this one in particular was easier and shorter and she didn't know why.

There was no interview and very little interaction.

Considering past experiences with other companies, the people from HR were very helpful and answered all e-mails super fast, but the people on the on-site assessment were poorly chosen and showed little interest.

Interview Questions

• Given a 40K USD budget, indicate how would you spend it on a digital MKT Plan.   Answer Question

R & D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview:

Given a range of 5 competency based questions and asked what you would do in that role. Takes 25 minutes in total. You are allowed to think about each question before you answer i.e. dont worry about there being silences.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview and there were case scenarios given in which you were give around 10 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to share in the final question for the business case study.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage their social media platforms, and which one would you use, why?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to do a series of online personality testing games. In my opinion these games are quite silly. The next stage was an interview with pre-recorded questions, I did not continue past this stage for personal reasons. But the questions seemed reasonable based on the job.

Finance Interview

Interview

Initial online application, after this was a telephone interview lasted around 30mins and was mostly made up of competency and motivational questions i.e. why unilever? What challenges have you faced and how have you dealt with them?

UFLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

The final round consists of pre-day task, which takes a lot of time, then group exercise based on the work you did with your group prior, then a case study, and an interview at the end of the day

Interview Questions

• Should Unilever products marketing become more digitalized if the consumer base is ageing?   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

They ask you to participate in an online psychometric game. Some of the elements of the game ask you to click every time you see a red circle but not when you see a green one, a memory test, how many times you can press the space bar. The games seem irrelevant to the criteria of the role and therefore slightly unfair as an assessment of competency.

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever? Which of our values do you associate yourself with?   Answer Question

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through the website and was directed to complete 12 short games. The games give you a score that automatically determines whether you have been successful or not. You should receive a response around a minute after finishing the games. I guess they are trying to determine whether you are a good match for the company, depending on your work style, speed, attention to detail, etc.

There is a big chance for the games to be considered unfair by many since no one really understands what they are looking for exactly. After each game, you receive feedback that is always positive in some way, which could be misleading.

Having a large pool of candidates, I won't be surprised if Unilever tries to select top 5-10% with the games, although running the risk to lose applicants due to false negatives.

Overall, a pleasant and quick experience that might leave you puzzled about their processes. However, they are mainly looking for potential/talent and no one even sees your CV or hears about your experience until stage 4 of the process. If you have experience and want to be taken seriously for that - apply somewhere else.

The overall process is definitely difficult!

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application, 12 games, digital interview and assessment day. Games were fun to do and bot very difficult, gave feeback on interview straight away but took a while to confirm whether successful about assessmrnt day

UFLP Financial Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever in November 2017.

Interview

There will be 3 short challenges in the beginning. Listen to the scenario and the follow up questions. You will have 2 minutes to think about how you would handle these and 3 minutes to record your response. Once you’ve responded to all 3 short scenarios, there will be a slightly longer business case study for you to complete. You’ll have time to review the background information, then 10 minutes to prepare a response. You’ll have up to 5 minutes to present your response back to me via video.

Interview Questions

• Welcome to Finance Function. In your first challenge, you’re meeting with Paulo, a newly promoted Marketing Manager, to review the figures for a Signal toothpaste promotion which includes a free travel toothbrush with each purchase. Reviewing the figures before the meeting, you’re concerned that the promotion will cost 10% of the total marketing budget for this brand, which would be the largest spend on a single promotion for that brand to date. You’d also like to see a stronger return on investment and more financial controls in place. At the start of the meeting it’s clear that Paulo is passionate about the promotion going ahead … and quickly. He predicts it will be a key lever in regaining market share from the competition and is keen to make a positive start to his new role. So tell me
      • How would you go about winning Paulo’s respect and trust?
      • How would you share your concerns with Paulo?
      • How would ensure Paulo takes your concerns seriously?
      • How would you go about building an ongoing relationship?   Answer Question
    • In this second challenge, You’ve been given four days to prepare a presentation to the Vice President of Personal Care in Kenya on the impact of a community product awareness campaign for Lifebuoy soap. You’d normally ask both members of your team to help you to prepare for this, including: sourcing data from different departments; analysing and interpreting the data; and preparing the presentation materials. Unfortunately one member of your team is on holiday for the next five days. So I would like to hear from you:
      • How would you approach organising this project?
      • What is the most important priority here?
      • How else would you ensure you and your team member perform well in this task?   Answer Question
    • For the third challenge: Working in Sales Finance, Pakistan, you’re on a one week placement with the field sales team selling products to very traditional and small corner shops in a remote and rural region. You’re particularly interested in a promotion for new dry shampoos, however the field sales team don’t appear to have recognised that it’s performing below expectations. One of your many insights from the experience is that consumers often don’t ask for brands by name, instead shopkeepers select one for them. You know the sales team have much more experience than you in direct sales, but you’re convinced you could bring a fresh perspective based on what you’ve seen so far. So in this case,
      • How could you better understand consumer needs in this situation?
      • How could Unilever exploit this opportunity?
      • How could technology be used to engage the field sales team in product performance?   Answer Question
    • You have 10 minutes to review the information and decide which campaign Marketing should continue. After the 10 minutes of preparation time, you will have up to 5 minutes of recording time to share your analysis with us. As part of your response, please cover:
      • Your recommended campaign and the thinking behind your decision.
      • How you’ve calculated return on investment (ROI) for each campaign.
      • What the gross profit value in Japanese Yen (¥) is for each campaign.
      • How you would tailor the explanation of your recommendation to Marketing.
      • What additional information you would want to inform your decision.
      • Your assessment of the potential strategic value and impact of this campaign.   Answer Question