Unilever Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Unilever Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lady was sooooo friendly, even if you are nervous by the end you won't be as its so relaxed, Prepare as much as you can as the questions are simple, also try and insert all the things you learn with your examples as there wont be a question allowing you to just state all the things you know so you need to work it in. Be yourself and use the STAR format and you will be fine. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a difficult situation
      How I used innovation to solve a problem
      What makes you a leader
      Why Unilever
      What sets us apart from our competitors
      Why the FMCG sector
      Why customer development & how it links with the other departments
      For competency questions--> How would you deal with this differently if you could go back
      1 Answer

Supply Chain Management Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Leatherhead, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then about a week later was offered a telephone interview. Had the telephone competency based interview, questions were typical of these types of interviews and they sent information about the types of competencies they would be testing prior to the interview. Then was invited to an assessment centre. Attended assessment centre which involved a data based case study task, a second competency based interview and a group discussion task

Interview Questions

• What has been your worst experience of customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you've used your communication skills to resolve an issue   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)).

Interview

30 minute telephone interview, very long, difficult,mechanical. very intense, didnt inspire much. had to apply online , answer questions, submit cover letter and cv etc, was infvited for a telephone interview. Next stage was an assesment cente but i didnt get that far, which involves presentations, IQ tests , group presentations, a case study and interviews. Didnt enjoy the process, was very time consuming and dissapointing

Interview Questions

• Leadership competencies, knowledge of Unilever, Industry challenges, why marketing/FMCG   Answer Question

Human Resources Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview, they gave hints and tips to help you prepare. Applied online, got an email asking to book an interview time. Make sure to research about the company and competitors.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a time where you have shown leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a process that takes a long time (about 2 months), but which has very few steps. First there is the CV and Cover Letter submission, after that there is a digital interview, that lasts for about 30 minutes and has about 5 to 7 questions and the final step is an interview with your future Manager, which includes a case study.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview lasting approximately 30 minutes. I spoke to a woman who introduced herself and briefly explained the structure of the interview, which consisted mainly of competency based questions as well as some about the FMCG industry. A few of the questions were very similar making it hard to elaborate on some subjects touched upon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to come up with an innovative solution to a problem.
      Describe a time you had to make a quick decision.
      Who are our main competitors and how are we different?
      Answer Question

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallasey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Wallasey, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview which was to lead to a face to face. This was my first interview in 24 years and I was abut nervous at first, but I found the interviewer to be very calming and I found it a really positive experience. I received really good feedback and would have progressed, however I couldn't guarantee release when required and they weren't prepared to take the risk.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever in January 2017.

Interview

So far, just had to answer online questions and then phone interview, not had assessment centre yet. Had to answer questions about leadership values that Unilever have on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Asked about when I demonstrated different standards of leadership   Answer Question
    • Who are Unilever's main competitors/what makes Unilever different to then   Answer Question
    • Why Unilever/why supply chain   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pymetrics games to determine whether I was suitable for the company. 12 games to test personality traits, cognitive traits and emotional responses. The games aren't hard at all but they just kind of tell you what kind of person you are. A bit like when the hat chooses a house for you at Hogwarts based on who you are. If your traits fit with the company then they choose you for a video interview. I didn't get through.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online with your basic information. Fill in questions about why you chose Unilever. Phone interview if you're successful. You have to be able to answer questions about why you like unilever, your favourite product from them and how you compare to their competencies.