Unilever Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Unilever Interview Questions in United States

Updated Oct 12, 2017

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

If you make it to the Discovery Center as a white male, expect your rejection later within 24 hours. If you're female, african american, indian, or other minority: congratulations! I support diversity 100%, but they need to consider all candidates fairly.
    Also, the last stage of their hiring process was completely unfair, biased, and needs to be transformed. I recommend Procter and Gamble.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Starts with uploading resume, then playing a series of twelve games and then on to a digital interview. Good process, get back to oyu very quickly. Provide a lot of feedback along the way.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Did the game test, then the video recording interview. Was invited to the discovery center for a day and went through a series of activities. The discovery center was not difficult but they prefer juniors.

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Spoken to HR. After several voicemails she replied and arranged to talk to hiring manager. No specific questions on job or subject matter. Poorly trained in HR. Hiring Manager is doing job in other department than his own having no experience and no specific education. Called early morning and talked in general told you will be invited onsite and will introduced to all the staff.
    Upon follow up again voicemail after. 2 wks HR called that unfortunately you are not selected.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got and e-mail about answering online interview questions. They had some behavioral questions and some online games testing your speed and attention span. The video questions were about what decisions you will make as a supply chain manager in certain situation. They also wanted me to analyse a business case and answer questions

Interview Questions

• A store in Malaysia is starting a promotion for a tea brand and couple days before the start of the store promotion the main supplier doesn't deliver the materials to provide the capacity of units for the promotion. What will you do?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

Screener with HR, then spoke to Hiring Manager and met with team on-site. Great team and seemed like interesting work. Very efficient hiring process and HR was friendly and communicative throughout. Was not ultimately offered position but HR responded to requests for updates and did not seem to unnecessarily string candidates along. Would highly recommend Unilever. I appreciated that their hiring process seemed to be fairly efficient and transparent for such a large company.

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed a few months back and our group of candidates were promised by the HR rep that we'd receive timely updates regarding the whole process. Two months went by and I received an email that I am still being considered. Another 3 months went by and still nothing. A generic rejection email or follow up would have been appreciated.

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Applied online, the HR lady called me and we had that 10-15 minutes pre-screen, she said that she'd send my application to the hiring team and let me know, a week and 1/2 I got an email from the HR lady (supper nice lady) to schedule two back to back interviews. She also sent attached some forms about the company, the hiring process, and its time line. Then, to the interviews I went

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever?
      What about the job?
      And behavioral questions.. tell me a time where you had to deliver bad new, how did you approach, what was the impact, and what was the result and business relationship after?   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2017.

Interview

Bottom Line - The recruiter failed to follow up as promised.

Received an email form the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview. Replied back and set up a phone interview the next day. After completing the interview the recruiter stated that I would be contacted the following Monday or Tuesday. Months later and still not a single bit of feedback.

If you don't intend to provide feedback than DO NOT say that you will. This is the number one reason why recruiters get a bad reputation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work here?   1 Answer

SHE Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Suffolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the human resources recruiter. He asked a few screening questions about my background and qualifications. A few days later he e-mailed me and requested an available time for a phone interview with the factory manager. At the agreed upon day and time the factory manager called me and asked several standard questions. She told me about the company and the position. She told me then that she wanted to meet me in person and told me about the next step in the process. I was to meet at the factory for a face to face, a panel interview and a tour. On the day of the face to face, I was greeted at the door by the factory manager and taken to a room for the first of three interview sessions. The first person was unprepared for the interview so we basically chatted about the job and the company. Next was the tour of the factory by the quality assurance manager. Then I met with a panel of three managers; engineering, maintenance and production. The panel consisted of prepared interview questions, each manager took turns asking. Following that was the one-on-one interview with the HR manager, mostly more standard questions and the benefits sales pitch. I spent only a few minutes with the factory manager for leaving, she gave me the opportunity for feedback and followup questions about the factory and the position. A few days later I got a call from the recruiter telling me that they were going to continue interviews with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where you successfully implemented a change that improved the safety of the facility.   1 Answer