Unimin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.0

Supply Chain - Vice President Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Canaan, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unimin (New Canaan, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good and well orchestrated. At least for me they conducted two team interviews. I was not asked specific questions about my expertise, but instead more process related questions. The internal recruiter was great. I was put off (and declined) by a request to take a series of quizzes and tests. It would have been more appropriate to dig in more during the interview process. My work experience has, as an example, min max calculus (network design) in it ... and the quizzes would be used to test my knowledge about whether I could interpret a graph.... it just seemed very, very silly. Other than that - it seemed like a nice place to work, with good and smart people.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unimin (Utica, IL).

Interview

They have a recruiter that contacts via email to set up an interview. They explain the position that was applied for and ask if it sounds like something of interest to you.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Canaan, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unimin (New Canaan, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Very casual one on one interview in which the job position was explained to me thoroughly. It was used as an opportunity for Unimin to see if I would be a good fit in their office environment.

Salesforce Global Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Unimin (Danbury, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview was very brief... basically, wanted to know my salary requirements. She stated that it mine were too high but would check with management. Called back a week later to tell me they were okay with the salary request so we finished the interview. Then two weeks later, I had another telephone interview with two HR individuals with again very basic questions... similar to the first call. I asked them what were the next steps or what could I expect. They said they would get back to me one way or the other. After a month I received a standard format email stating that the position had been filled. Seemed disjointed... and seemed like they were really eager to fill the position very quickly!

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unimin (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had to interview with the sales manager and sales manager of the metals division. I then had to complete a microsoft exam that included an excel section, a power point section and a mail merge section. The exam was a little difficult and I have been working in admin positions for several years. Both of the managers I interviewed with were easy to talk to and didn't try to corner me with any difficult interview questions.