Union Bank N.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.7

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I have applied over 13 positions that I was a good fit, but never received a phone call or at least an email to say why was I not selected . over 17 years experience in banking. I believe the recruiters are terrible at this place , they never pay attention to good applicant or follow up with email messages. completely ignore you no matter how talented you are , you are not appreciated at this organization .

Interview Questions

• they never asked anything they never give me the chance to interview . Not sure why it is really strange looks like the recruiters put me on their black list , even though I don't know anyone. I don't have any explanation as to why they wouldn't at least put me for an interview after I applied 14-15 times for different positions.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

Applied online, had an initial interview with the hr and then with a senior vice president. The the trouble startes - hr is worst i have ever encountered in my career. 0 replies, left voice mails , wrote multiple emails -*crickets chirping

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the department manager directly. She was very nice and tried to me relax. They explained the job responsibilities first then asked me what kind of banking experience I have.

Interview Questions

• The department needed to hire a person as soon as possible, so they seemed to be looking for a person who had experience in the field. So they asked me what kind of banking experience I have and what I could offer to the bank.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (New York, NY).

Interview

2 short phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The questions were simple and straight forward. Good idea to do some prior research about union Bank and what it stands for. Questions about role in prior jobs and what they have contributed to your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a scenario where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

one analyst interview me and go through the resume and talk about your experience since I change my major in master study, and what is your understanding about this position responsibility, also he asked what your realization to union bank because he just go there 7 weeks, he is very nice and we talk in a harmonious way. you need to keep in mind arrive on time I was late 3 minutes by accident and it is really regretful.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

Talked to three people from the department and talked about 45 minutes. However, it was only one people who asked me a lot of questions. Other two people were just listening. Felt little bit overwhelm.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

quick and easy, when referred by a friend or acquaintance the process is much faster. everyone was very friendly and the process went by very smoothly.nothing overly difficult but having a second language is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• what is more important to you? steady salary or bonus?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barstow, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Barstow, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an interesting interview. The Manager did not spend much time, nor give much information about the Banks services and offerings. Most of the interview was spent talking about her kids. I did not get a follow-up from the HR system prompt until 2 months after the interview (very un-professional and a waste of a candidates' time).

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that you had overcame a difficult situation at a prior position.   1 Answer

Liquidity Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round is phone screening with HR. Then 4 phone interviews with hiring manager and 3 team members. Then onsite. Was notified several days earlier that I need to prepare a 10-minute presentation about Capital and Liquidity. I never heard back from them until I follow up. HR asked about salary expectation and working visa status. I thought that was positive. But in the end I got rejected because of student visa, probably they have a better candidate than me.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

3 turns: phone screen with HR, phone call with hiring manager, on site with the team.

HR: is OK.......they give you good info but they respond very slow(they may tell you the interview time one day before the interview), they change few people to connect you in this process and they set up a wrong time till the day before the interview.

Team: I feel that the team members are really nice and knowledgeable so I have high expectations for them.

The whole interview process is pretty easy. This is because the hiring manager is nice and more concerns about the person's potential and personality. They barely ask technical questions but screen you based on your resume. After meeting with few people in the team(managers), I feel really good at first and I receive feedback right after the interview. They ask me about authorization stuff and find out there's no way I can work for them(I'm legally authorized but they cannot accept).

There's no later story about this interview. They told me I'm not suitable after I followed up few days later. The HR called me about this which I kinda appreciate it. After all, I'll say it's not a bad experience because everybody especially the team members are really nice. But to be really honest, if you are nor GC or citizen, please do not waste your time. It's not because you are not good enough or the company is bad. It's just the company does not own something that allows you to work in here and they would not give you offer because of that. Don't think of things like: let me get into this company first whatsoever. It's not a simple case like that.

Interview Questions

• what kind of working environment do you prefer?   1 Answer