Union Bank N.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.7

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (New York, NY).

Interview

2 short phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The questions were simple and straight forward. Good idea to do some prior research about union Bank and what it stands for. Questions about role in prior jobs and what they have contributed to your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a scenario where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

one analyst interview me and go through the resume and talk about your experience since I change my major in master study, and what is your understanding about this position responsibility, also he asked what your realization to union bank because he just go there 7 weeks, he is very nice and we talk in a harmonious way. you need to keep in mind arrive on time I was late 3 minutes by accident and it is really regretful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

quick and easy, when referred by a friend or acquaintance the process is much faster. everyone was very friendly and the process went by very smoothly.nothing overly difficult but having a second language is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• what is more important to you? steady salary or bonus?   1 Answer

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

Talked to three people from the department and talked about 45 minutes. However, it was only one people who asked me a lot of questions. Other two people were just listening. Felt little bit overwhelm.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barstow, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Barstow, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an interesting interview. The Manager did not spend much time, nor give much information about the Banks services and offerings. Most of the interview was spent talking about her kids. I did not get a follow-up from the HR system prompt until 2 months after the interview (very un-professional and a waste of a candidates' time).

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that you had overcame a difficult situation at a prior position.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview

3 turns: phone screen with HR, phone call with hiring manager, on site with the team.

HR: is OK.......they give you good info but they respond very slow(they may tell you the interview time one day before the interview), they change few people to connect you in this process and they set up a wrong time till the day before the interview.

Team: I feel that the team members are really nice and knowledgeable so I have high expectations for them.

The whole interview process is pretty easy. This is because the hiring manager is nice and more concerns about the person's potential and personality. They barely ask technical questions but screen you based on your resume. After meeting with few people in the team(managers), I feel really good at first and I receive feedback right after the interview. They ask me about authorization stuff and find out there's no way I can work for them(I'm legally authorized but they cannot accept).

There's no later story about this interview. They told me I'm not suitable after I followed up few days later. The HR called me about this which I kinda appreciate it. After all, I'll say it's not a bad experience because everybody especially the team members are really nice. But to be really honest, if you are nor GC or citizen, please do not waste your time. It's not because you are not good enough or the company is bad. It's just the company does not own something that allows you to work in here and they would not give you offer because of that. Don't think of things like: let me get into this company first whatsoever. It's not a simple case like that.

Interview Questions

• what kind of working environment do you prefer?   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My interview was a standard type interview where the interviewer described the position, asked for my employment history and assessed whether I was a good fit. It was pleasant and not intimidating and was conducted more as a desire to see if I fit the role and if the role would fit what I was interested in doing.

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process had a phone screen with HR, followed by 3 phone interviews with hiring manager and stakeholders. Was disappointed that it was a very slow process over 3 months. HR coordinator was proactive and friendly, but the pace was very slow, with intermittent periods of radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Business case studies and behavioral questions. Banking product related analytics questions.   Answer Question

Teller In Watsonville Ca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (Watsonville, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter who asked about my job history. She told me a little about the position and set up an interview with the branch manager. The branch manager asked about customer service experience. She asked if i knew what bank tellers do, if my current job had any policies and if i follow them, and if i was ever over/short at my current job. She was not friendly, i felt uncomfortable the whole time. She mentioned she wanted to hire someone who would fit in with the rest of the employees there.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?
      Do you deal with a lot of money at your current job?
      How do you rate your customer service skills and why?
      Do you call in sick a lot?
      Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial communication regarding interest from Recruiting and follow-up phone interviews (3) was timely and efficient. Phone interview #3 was deemed 'final stage' of process. That was done one month ago with limited to no follow-up from recruiting. To date, have not received an offer or any other feedback from the Company. Not offended with lack of offer. Lack of professionalism from Recruiting / Recruiter regarding follow-up / application close-out is disappointing.