Union Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Bank of India Interview Questions

Interviews at Union Bank of India

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Basic accounting and finance questions were asked.
    Some questions related to career objective were also asked.
    More focus was put on resume and future career goals.
    Overall an easy Interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Ahmedabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Questions were asked from different areas of banking, policy matters, auditing, credit, credit rating, customer service etc. The board was headed by Deputy General Manager assisted by two Assistant General Managers.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgaum (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Belgaum (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

The mail sent by the bank to our college was totally FAKE. They claimed that anyone that sat through the interview for a Finance profile would be offered a SCALE II job managing Credit Department. But eventually when the offer letters came out it was all reduced to SCALE I and to the post of Assistant Manager. Hence my suggestion to any candidate would be to take a written record (with signature) of the person who conducts your interview as he can lie any which way he wants to as per the policy of the bank. There is no responsibility attached to him on his claims over the bank.

The people within the bank are basically good natured (Scale 1 and below). The clerks, substaff, peons & PTS are very cooperative. The upper management is the one with the problems. They are UN APPROACHABLE. Even if you do approach them, you are supposed to boost their ego to the max possible extent. IF NOT you are a bad guy of the bank. Politics and Grapevine go hand in hand in the bank. Anything you do will get unofficially published in the bank's Grapevine.

The work culture can be summed up with the dialogue "the more you do, the more you get.. the less you do the less it matters". There is no sense of urgency to finish the work. "Chalega" attitude prevails. There is a serious problem of generation gap. It is a crime to use Basic Technological products like Excell / Word or to show any proficiency in them.

The appraisal of an employee is done for the sake of it. The increment you get will be irrespective of your performance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was promised a Scale II Job in Bangalore to handle advances. What i got was a Scale I job in Belgaum handling three counters at a time.

Please take a written evidence from the interviewing panel about the job that they promise you. This is because there is no responsibility attached to these people on their claims.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2008.

Interview

Written Test & Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Lucknow (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

an all India level written test and follows the interview. written test comprises of general awareness, general English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning. then a common interview in which anything like your personality and education or banking related can be asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary is fixed, no negotiation is possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Lucknow (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

First there was a written examination of 300 marks and then shortlisted candidates are invited for a interview

Interview Questions

• All questions are easy and as expected to be faced as an aspirant but one question was good that is an employee create bad environment then how you tackle him?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation process in this because all perks and salary is already fully described in advertisement for recruitment

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was based on the commomn exam test on all india basis clearing in which candidates are called for interview for final selection

Interview Questions

• What did Neil Armstrong said while steping first step on the Moon?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

All India level Ibps examination followed by interview of shortlisted candidates. In the interview a panel of five to six senior General Manager ask questions related to Banking in general and also on current affairs (political, economy, sports and entertainment).

Interview Questions

• Was asked about four p's of marketing and five c's?   1 Answer

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a campus interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Debt Coverage Ratio   1 Answer
    • No other question was difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was only to get that job offered to myself only out of morrrrrre than 200 candidates. So be cool and confident.All the very best

Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

They hired us through campus recruitment. They briefed us with what they have to offer in a hour session. After that they conducted personal interviews of each and every candidates. They interview panel had two senior officials from the bank interviewing each candidate.The final list of selected candidates were send by them to our placement incharge after 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work anywhere in India   1 Answer