Union County College Student Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union County College Student Development Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Student Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union County College (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

One panel interview with the Coordinator, Student Services and three to four other counselors. Finalists meet with the VP of Student Affairs. The process takes anywhere from two to four weeks from the initial contact depending on the urgency of staffing needs.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical, but the interview with the VP is the least predictable one. He doesn't ask a lot of specific questions, but rather does most of the talking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer very little opportunity for negotiation. I received an offer letter right before Christmas Eve when the college was closed for a week. I'm not sure what the result would have been if I had asked for a better salary. They are good about accepting any pre-planned vacations, or scheduling restrictions for the first year as long as you let them know before your start date. In general, Student Services employees (Counseling, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, and Recruitment) are not allowed to take vacation in January or August due to heavy registration, so if you need vacation time during those months, make it a condition of hire before you accept an offer.