Union Pacific Transporter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Pacific Transporter Interview Questions

2.8

OMT INTERVIEW for TRANSPORTATION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Had to take a test online- followed by an invitation to a hiring session- if the initial interview is passed invited to face to face in the region that you select.

Transportation Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied on line and was offered initial interview within a couple of weeks. Interview session consisted of overview of Transportation Manager training pipeline and career path, and several management tests. There were about 8 people there, some UP employees, some external applicants. Strong emphasis on moving frequently for the benefit of the company and your career. Tests were more difficult than I expected. (They said they were moving the testing online soon.) One-on-one interview was 20-30 minutes, consisted of standard, off the shelf questions (describe a time when you managed safety critical operations, describe how you managed cross-functional teams, etc...).

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work side-by-side with management trainee peers who are recent college grads? (   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

applied online, got one interview but they chose someone else

Interview Questions

• How did you plan your college experience to become Transportation Manager ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruitment begins with applying online. If accepted, a hiring session invitatiion will be posted on your application status followed by a phone call a few days prior to the hiring invitation. The hiring session includes a brief presentation about the company's mission and details of the job. The applicant then takes a series of written tests and the final step is an interview with the hiring individual.

Interview Questions

• none... interview included the basic leadership and management questions   Answer Question

An offer is not made until the test scores are completed and the applicant means the required scores

Operations Management Training Program - Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a hiring event about a week after the job posting closed. I was notified by e-mail to check my applicant status on the UP website. I was asked to chose a location to attend for the hiring event, which was not very close to where I live. The closest was in San Antonio, TX so I had to drive down from Dallas.

There were 13 candidates at the session. The session began promptly at 8 am with a safety brief from the UP HR rep. There was only one rep at the event, not 3 or 4 as others have mentioned. We began with the Ops Management test which took about 3 hours. The test wasn't too difficult but it wasn't too easy either. After the 45 question analysis/logical reasoning portion the HR rep began interviewing us one by one while we completed the remaining personality profile sections of the test.

We were informed that it would take about a week to find out if we passed the test and that if we were selected for second round interviews we would be flown to either California, Nebraska, or Texas for the interview. Apparently the training class will begin in about 6 weeks so it seems that this is a rather quick process.

There was no offer made at this session because we have to wait to advance to the next round. Overall this was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were similar to the ones that other people have listed. I guess the one that stumped me the most was about using quality control procedures in previous jobs because I haven't had any real experience with that. The interviewer said that if I didn't feel comfortable with a particular question he would skip it and give me another one, which he did.   Answer Question

Manager Transportation Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Kansas City, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied to the operations management trainee program via UP's website. I went to an interview event in Kansas City two weeks later, which involved about three hours of testing (logic/ personality). Three weeks after that I received notice that I passed the test. Shortly thereafter, I was told that they weren't interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Describe the logical progression in your career that has led you to UP.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used data to support your argument.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Pomona, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

First interview was one on one. Then got an email asking if I would take behavior test. Test was long, 3hours. Had to make a profile online to check statues of test and apply. After passing test, I got an email from corporate stating they wanted to fly me to Omaha. Had three interviews. First was one on one, second was a panel interview (one was nice the other drilled me), and intense final interview with CMO. I thought I did good, but no offer.

Interview Questions

• What would be the hardest part about starting this new job?   Answer Question

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Begining of the process went smooth, the 2nd interview panel members seemed hostile and a waste of my time. Very little eye contact, disinterested panel members, predetermined selection was apparent.

Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Saint Charles, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

invited to hiring session with approx 10 others. It took most of the day, ended with no talk of a call back

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Kansas City, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

The job application led to an invitation to go to Kansas City, MO to take a est and be interviewed. Based on test results, participants were either thanked for their effort and sent home, or were invited to remain for the interview. After the interview, participants were, again asked to remain, or were sent home. Everyone knew immediately where they stood in the hiring process at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• "Given that safety is one of the most important areas of focus for UP, describe your experience/training that you feel qualifies you to work at UP."   1 Answer