Union Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Train Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Oakland, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Straight forward interview with Yard Manager and HR member. First half of the process is explaining to all the candidates at the same time what the job entails, it's positive and negative affect on your personal/family and social life. Everyone is then given the choice to opt. out of the interview or to stay and be given an interview time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone doing something unsafe?   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in April 2017.

Interview

taking IT test online then BAPT test after.
    I don't know I pass the BAPT test or not. still waiting for the result.
    If I pass it, there will be a in person interview I believe.

Train Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hermiston, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Hermiston, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Really relaxed and willing to answer all questions that you have. Completely goes into detail about the job and telling everyone that it is not for everyone and if you are worried about Home life to job ratio don't apply for this job will not be home that much.

Interview Questions

• IF you catch a person doing a safety violation, what do you do?   2 Answers

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

Had an initial phone call that lasted 15 minutes then went in for an in person interview. Had a one on one interview and a panel interview. Before the interviews we sat down and went over all the benefits Union Pacific had to offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Greensboro, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at University. Talked to Recruiter at the College Career fair. Interview the next day on campus. Very easy interview. Recruiter was very cool. Also is alumni at my school. Just asked me some behavioral questions. What I would prefer in the Union Pacific internship. Asked basic java knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, a few easy technical questions. Easy interview. Waiting to hear back.   1 Answer

Operations Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair and immediately scheduled an interview for the next morning. It was a behavioral interview with an employee who had been through the program. Approximately one week later, I received an invitation for a second on-campus interview with a hiring manager and engineer. It was partially behavioral, partially case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wanted to implement an idea or change, but someone resisted you.   Answer Question

Crew Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to pass a test to get an invitation to the hiring session. It's all about who you know at UP. At the hiring session they talked about safety and how important it is. They also talked about the benefits, hours and being on call. After all that they gave each one of us a time for a interview and we got interviewed at that time. There was 2 rooms with 2 employees in each that interviewed me. The last one stressed the importance of the job and wished me good luck. O didn't receive a call for almost a month saying I didn't get the job.

Supply Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE).

Interview

One phone interview followed by two in person interviews. The first In person interview was one on one. The second was a round of three separate group interviews of four to five interviewers. Given the high number of interviewees in the group interviews they seemed rushed because everyone wanted to ask their questions before the interview ended.

Diesel Locomotive Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, it took about three days that I got an email to take mechanical aptitude test. Pass the test it was easy, set up for interview couple of days later. Then Physical exam and medical exam. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Can you able to perform the job that are listed? Are you okay to work outside in Texas heat weather? Who's responsible for your safety?   1 Answer

ShipCarsNow Analyst Operations and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Submit Online application and interview. 2 weeks later your manager is contacted for approval to interview, receive an email to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a panel of 3-4 persons (HR plus 2-3 from the department), within 1-2 week receive status of interview, accepted or get feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you've had to do a continuous improvement process, what was the process, results, and what did you learn?   1 Answer