Union Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.7

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Interview process included one one-on-one interviewer on college campus and a full day of interviews (one on ones and panels) for the second interview. Be prepared with a lot of questions as you will be meeting with a lot of employees!

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational based questions (tell me about a time..)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the base salary: however, I felt it was competitive with other companies in Omaha and the industry.

Railroad Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

Notified of successful application. Reading comprehension test. Interview with 30+ people for the same job. Notified of successful interview. Then must complete various vision/physical tests. After that you do all the training which can take 6 months to a year.

Interview Questions

• How did you maintain a safe environment at a previous job?
      Is safety important to you?
      If a co working is endangering him/herself what would you do?
      Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

First send out your resume made sure fill out some one you know already working at UP. Them if they choose you, you will be invited to interview. but now they added to exam. but fee is $50 no refund(what a cheap BS).

Interview Questions

• They check your college degree(even those some/most management don't have one) and at lease 3 years of work experience, and if you know some one inside you are hire.

final question is who is responsible for your safety? ( that mean what ever happen your fault period)
      1 Answer

Train Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific in May 2016.

Interview

Very kind and easy to talk to. Applied online, took a basic skills and knowledge test, got interview with a panel, 1 week later was offered job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process at Union Pacific is relatively a typical corporate structured process. Make sure that you come prepared and stay concise with your answers. Be prepared to initiate with w phone interview and then followed by a panel.

Summer IT Interview

Interview

I only had to do 1 interview, but it consisted of your typical interview questions such as your strengths and weaknesses, times you've had to solve a problem, a time you had to take leadership and how you did it, and some other questions. Be sure to express real interest and be ready to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• recall a time you had to solve a problem for a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer is one of the best for an internship. Flown out to Omaha, nice paid for living, 20 meals, and you get paid handsomely.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Union Pacific (El Paso, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewd with the Sr. HR director insividual was pleaseant and had a structured interview process, gave handoutson the training lengths locations I would possibly be working in. Answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for UP   1 Answer

Operations Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Career Fair. Got scheduled for an interview the next day on campus. The interviewer is very friendly. No technical questions asked. Most questions are about leadership experience. There were also a few questions related to safety issue.

IT Engineer(Voice Systems Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

I gave UP my resume at a career fair, they put my name in their system and notified me that they would like to interview on my campus. For my college campus interview, two IT recruiters (that were actually managers in IT) were there to interview me. They asked me the typical questions about my resume and skills. I don't recall any specific questions other than the one I put below.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the other applicants?   1 Answer

Manager of Yard Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Filled out online application, the system will notify you if you are selected for an in person interview. In person interview with a group of people on a scheduled date, will have to take multiple written tests, clear your schedule, it's an all day affair, but they buy your lunch. If you are selected, they will call you within 24 hours or so to let you know if you have a second interview. The second interview is a panel of people who will be in charge of you,it was much more in depth, and they will pick apart your experience and be far more difficult than the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, strengths, weaknesses etc, hard decisions and so on. Second interview was a discussion of my experience.   Answer Question