Union Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Greensboro, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at University. Talked to Recruiter at the College Career fair. Interview the next day on campus. Very easy interview. Recruiter was very cool. Also is alumni at my school. Just asked me some behavioral questions. What I would prefer in the Union Pacific internship. Asked basic java knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, a few easy technical questions. Easy interview. Waiting to hear back.   1 Answer

Operations Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair and immediately scheduled an interview for the next morning. It was a behavioral interview with an employee who had been through the program. Approximately one week later, I received an invitation for a second on-campus interview with a hiring manager and engineer. It was partially behavioral, partially case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wanted to implement an idea or change, but someone resisted you.   Answer Question

Crew Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to pass a test to get an invitation to the hiring session. It's all about who you know at UP. At the hiring session they talked about safety and how important it is. They also talked about the benefits, hours and being on call. After all that they gave each one of us a time for a interview and we got interviewed at that time. There was 2 rooms with 2 employees in each that interviewed me. The last one stressed the importance of the job and wished me good luck. O didn't receive a call for almost a month saying I didn't get the job.

Supply Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE).

Interview

One phone interview followed by two in person interviews. The first In person interview was one on one. The second was a round of three separate group interviews of four to five interviewers. Given the high number of interviewees in the group interviews they seemed rushed because everyone wanted to ask their questions before the interview ended.

Diesel Locomotive Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, it took about three days that I got an email to take mechanical aptitude test. Pass the test it was easy, set up for interview couple of days later. Then Physical exam and medical exam. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Can you able to perform the job that are listed? Are you okay to work outside in Texas heat weather? Who's responsible for your safety?   1 Answer

ShipCarsNow Analyst Operations and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Submit Online application and interview. 2 weeks later your manager is contacted for approval to interview, receive an email to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a panel of 3-4 persons (HR plus 2-3 from the department), within 1-2 week receive status of interview, accepted or get feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you've had to do a continuous improvement process, what was the process, results, and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Union Pacific (New York, NY).

Interview

Work in one of the Finance Departments at UP. They put you in whichever division needs an intern. You may have to find stuff to do but it is a great place to get your feet wet. Would recommend.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Davis, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to the informational session and was asked to come in for an interview. I was comfortable with the interviewer and the questions weren't difficult at all. I learned more about myself that interview process than others.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After a one-on-one interview, if you are selected, you fly to Omaha for another round of interviews. The second round of interviews has 4 parts that measure behavior, personality, critical thinking, and situational awareness.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a co-worker stealing from the supply closet, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

I only did a first round interview. The interview was a lot of behavioral questions and talking about my past experiences. Ran through some other very common behavioral questions. Nothing very unique and not very technical.