Union Pacific Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Pacific Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2012.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus job fair. From there I was invited to attend a presentation about the company and signed up for a one on one interview after the presentation and dinner. I did well in the interview and was quickly setup for an onsite interview. Three days before the onsite interview I received a call saying they were canceling the remaining onsite interviews. The recruiter never would give me a straight answer about what happened. Several other students had the same interaction.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2008.

Interview

Union Pacific Railroad gave me a great opportunity. They were very professional and seemed to have a great group of people and a good employee culture. The sectors of the business varied enormously and the management of all levels of the company seemed a monumental task, although accomplished quite thoroughly. The interview was formal and a good experience at large corporation operation as I was nearly a new college grad.

Interview Questions

Non-competitive offer, rigid relocation required for advancement, union issues

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific in May 2011.

Interview

First met the recruiter at the career fair and was selected to have a one on one interview the next day. The interview was fairly straight forward. What is a problem you faced and how did you solve it type questions. After the interview took a 3 hour long personality and intelligence test.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced in the work place and how did you solve it?   Answer Question