Union Pacific Operational Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Pacific Operational Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

Invited to a Hiring Session. Drove to Omaha for a 30 minute interview. Interview was about 40 minutes with a series of questions, some of which I had to use the STARS method to answer. Felt the interview went well, even though the HR guy gave little feed back verbally or emotionally. Got invited to a second interview about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviewers (one in HR, two field workers), short interview (scheduled for half an hour), basic and easy questions, honestly thought first interview was more in depth. In and out so quickly wondered why they flew you down rather than a phone or online interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Roseville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Great process said interviewed well. Lacked experience. They flew me to Roseville, CA. Not upset I didn't get the job would loved to work for such a dynamic company. Coming out of college need to obtain more experience.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I interviewed at Union Pacific in May 2015.

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited out to their headquarters for four one-on-one interviews. One interviewee was retiring so I spoke with him and his future replacement, two interviews were condensed into the same interview, and the last person never bothered to show up. I sat for over an hour waiting for my final interview before someone stopped in and asked if they had forgotten about me. I was informed by a secretary(?) that he was "in a meeting" and that she would just call a taxi for me to go back to the airport in time for my flight. The taxi never showed up (after waiting half an hour I called another taxi service... the first one did not arrive in the hour I stood waiting). EXTREMELY negative experience. Why bother paying to fly someone out if they clearly had no interest in speaking to me?

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

Pay by your pocket for the first phase of Interview, HR round only, one 2 one interview, your status will automatically updated after 2 weeks for next phase of Interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview process. The initial interview was conducted with an HR professional and then the second round was at another site with a panel. All of the applicants were sequestered in a holding area until interviewed. Once in the interview I spoke with a panel consisting of two individuals. One was a senior manager, one was an HR professional. Both were very pleasant. The questions weren't overly hard, typical interview stuff. I asked a few questions about work at Union Pacific, even though I knew all of the answers. I decided to then ask questions about their own personal careers. It was a good interview at least from my perspective.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict with a subordinate. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you to work for Union Pacific?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Drove to Portland, OR for first round interview after passing a screening test. This interview went very well. After a few weeks I was flown to Phoenix for a second round interview with a panel of 3. This interview was bad from the start. The lead interviewer was aloof, and to be blunt, kind of rude. He made a comment like, "Why would you want this job, it pays half of what you previously made." For me, I wanted the job because as a military retiree I liked the work and fit was more important than the money. He kept asking me for specific examples over and over on how I made process improvements. He came across as a real jerk. I knew after it was over I probably wasn't selected, and end the end I wasn't. The other two panel members were very professional.

I had really good hopes for this company. highly disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had an interview at my university a week later. The interview was great, and I was told I would be recommended to HQ for a second round. Overall a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on campus after being screened through an informational session, which was followed by a day of interviews at UP's corporate headquarters in Omaha, NE. Each of the interviews was predominately behavioral and safety-focused. My leadership skills were reviewed and the interviewers made sure I had learned from each leadership role.

Interview Questions

• What have you done when you have seen someone in an unsafe situation in the workplace?   1 Answer

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific in November 2014.

Interview

Was flown out to Omaha, Nebraska to interview with multiple mangers in charge of different operations, such as cars and locomotives. The interviewing process varied with the person conducting the interview. For my first interview, I was not asked any questions regarding my resume. Instead I was simply asked if I had any questions regarding Union Pacific. Definitely threw me off as I was anticipating the typical dialog accompanying resume, experiences, etc. The second interview was much more structured, following a typical interview process of answering questions such as "Name an experience where you had organize a group.", etc. The process did not seem much like an interviewing position, instead it felt much more like a courting experience for both me and the employeers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   4 Answers